“A wonderful meal”

Cuisines: Italian, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 18 October 2018

The owner of the apartment I rented for a 6 night stay recommended La Lampara as the best restaurant in Riomaggiore. I did not eat in all the restaurants here but I can say that I was very happy with her suggestion. Our waiter, Edward, gave us very helpful, friendly and professional service and helped us navigate through their menu and specialties. My wife had a wonderful arugula salad and some roasted veggies, I had a fantastic shrimp and zucchini risotto, possibly the finest risotto I have ever had. It was good value as the bill was under 30 euro with a glass of local wine and a bottle of sparkling water. The dining room was intimate and charming and the dishes at the nearby table looked wonderful. I am leaving for Florence tomorrow but if I was staying a few more days I would definitely return.

Reviewed 15 October 2018

You should make a reservation as it is a pleasant experience. The decor and staff are on top of their game. We noticed that there was not salt or pepper on the table but the waiter said to trust him and we did. Every course was properly spiced and additional seasonings were not necessary. The bride had a mixed green salad to start while I had the Beef Tartare which melted in my mouth. She followed with the shrimp resotto which she enjoyed immensely. I had the Tuna in Teriyaki Sauce which was extremely tasty and well prepared. A very nice evening.

Reviewed 2 October 2018

We had a lovely meal here. We shared the seafood risotto which was fantastic. Then each had the sea bass - also fantastic.

Service was good.
No problem with sharing dishes
Fish was cooked to perfection.

We would recommend.

Reviewed 22 September 2018

We had dinner in this restaurant both days we stayed in town. The food was excellent, we had seafood which was very fresh and well cooked. The service was professional. We were even offered a complimentary dessert (a fancy panna cotta) upon our second dinner. Definitely recommended and we also will be back soon!

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed 21 September 2018

We had a pizza and a glass of wine. Simple. The restaurant is crisp and clean and nice looking. The staff were a bit hesitant and slow at times. They offered water but forgot to bring any. Minor issue.
The food was good...decent quality, nothing amazing. We had a good meal.

Date of visit: September 2018