“Terrible rude staff avoid”

Trattoria La Grotta
Ranked #14 of 47 Restaurants in Riomaggiore
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We visited this restaurant with our 22 month old and 5 month old sons. We decided to order a beer and a small glass of wine whilst waiting for a friend to join us for lunch. When our friend arrived he did not want anything off the menu so we decided to request the bill to leave. The drinks came to 13euros and we were also charged 7.50euros service charge which we queried as this was rather extortionate. The waitress started shouting at us to pay it and told us to get out, pushing my pushchair with my 5 month old baby in. I cannot stress enough how rude and abrupt this woman was and to push my son shaking him is outrageous behaviour. This made me lose my temper at her which upset my older son. Terrible experience please avoid.

Date of visit: November 2018
2  Thank Seaside10582812117

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I had the mussels stew, and a seafood platter. Seafood platter was served in 3 big plates. Staff was nice enough to warn us not to over order. Overall the seafood was definitely a good choice.

Date of visit: November 2018
Reviewed 25 October 2018 via mobile

We had such a great night at trattoria la grotta. No booking but they found a table for us. The service was fun and super friendly. The food - oh my god I had the most amazing spaghetti and seafood dish. It was absolutely delicious. We sent our compliments to the chef and all the kitchen staff had huge smiles and gave us a wave goodbye. These experiences make your holiday. Would definitely recommend

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed 16 October 2018

We had lunch here during our stop in Riomaggiore. The anchovy pizza was the best we’ve ever had. The spaghetti with seafood was also excellent. A very pleasant meal in the middle of Cinque Terre. You have got to give it a try.

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed 15 October 2018

La Grotta was recommended by our travel agent, and the food, service, and ambiance did not disappoint. Run, don't walk, if you want superb pasta, pesto and creme caramel!

Date of visit: September 2018