“Wonderful dinner”

Ranked #6 of 2,105 Restaurants in Genoa
Price range: US$12 - US$18
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Per prenotazioni, chiamare dalle 10:00 alle 12:00 o dalle 17:00 alle 19:00, oppure mandare un SMS, o un messaggio su Whatsapp.
Reviewed 3 July 2016

My husband, 7 year old son, and I really enjoyed eating dinner at Ostaietta tonight! My son had the seafood ravioli and grilled shrimp, I had the mushroom pasta and grilled shrimp, and my husband had the pesto pasta and perch with caramelized onions and mustard sauce. Everything we had was delicious and the staff was super friendly! We were surprised at how inexpensive dinner was...36€ for dinner, 2 sodas and a beer!

4  Thank Melanie M

Reviewed 27 June 2016 via mobile

I have visited Ostaietta with my family on our trip around northern Italy. We were served selected degustation menu by the chef including different pastas for first course and seafood mix for the second. We decided to leave dessert as the previous dishes were quite big and we would be not able to fit the desserts. All the food was very tasty and gave us the feeling of Italian home cuisine. Also the staff was very friendly. Last but not least the price of the meal was very good comparing with the restaurants in nearby cinque terre riviera we visited during our trip that sometimes were disappointing compared to offered value. I highly recommend this place for the great experience of local cuisine for its' great foods and hospitality of the people running that restaurant. Thank you guys!

1  Thank Marcin S
Reviewed 26 June 2016 via mobile

Looking for a good Italian lunch we found Ostaietta on TripAdvisor. The restaurant was fully booked when we got there, but we were told they have a table for us if we return in a hour, we did. The chef Marco personally explained the menu, we decided for first course the seabass ravioli with seafood and pasta pesto, second course grilled shrimp and seabass with black rice. Every dish tasted fantastic, real genuine food. The chef Marco came by our table several times to ask whether everything is to our satisfaction, it certainly was. The portions were good, it's a shame we didn't had any space left for dessert. Eventhough they close at 3 pm for midday break, we were not asked to leave. In contrary they offered us coffee and dessert. What really suprised us was the bill: just 20€!! They could charged us triple this amount easily for this great food, atmosphere and service.

We will certainly return to Ostaietta when we visit Genua again.

Reviewed 12 May 2016

I recently went on a road trip to Italy (Florence, Pisa, La Spezia and finally Genoa) and this place was by far my favourite. After we were sat we wondered why we weren't offered a menu, but a few minutes later the chef Marco came out with a hand written 'menu'. It was only around few different dishes which he then explained in as much detail as he could. We order 5 different dishes - Ravioli, shrimp, tuna pasta, fish and potatoes and a big tray of chips ( what can I say it's the British in us ) Every single dish was cooked perfectly and full of flavour, even the chips were great !

We then ordered nutella and pistachio tiramisu - again really good ! To end Marco offered us shots of limoncello, and gave us a bunch of places to visit and see in Genoa.
In addition we were barely charged anything compared to what we were expecting for the entire meal, dessert, alcohol and coffee.

Great place and great chef, staff etc. We planned to return the next day, even just to say hi, but unfortunately didnt get a chance. Dont leave Genoa without checking out this place !

Reviewed 8 October 2015 via mobile

My fiancé and I were looking for an affordable seafood lunch and we happened upon Ostaietta. The Chef/Owner Marco was super welcoming and took our order hisself, as he spoke the most English, before heading back to the kitchen to make it. They only have a fixed menu which we actually enjoy. The food was fresh, the service was wonderful, and it was only 20 euro for the both of us! Would definitely recommend

2  Thank TemporaryLocals