“A fabulous last dinner in Rapallo”
Review of La Trattoria

La Trattoria
Ranked #2 of 216 Restaurants in Rapallo
Reviewed 16 June 2018 via mobile

I had read about this restaurant in Sydney and was keen to try, it didn’t disappoint! Great friendly service in a cute setting set us up for a terrific dinner. The fried sardines were so fresh and delicious( the special of the night). Three of us had the fish done on a bed of eggplant , curly lettuce and peppers, beautiful flavours, and our fourth had a “steak” with the best crispy potatoes ever!! Dish of the night though was the basil pannacotta with mixed berries, it was DIVINE. It was certainly worth flying all the way to Italy just for this meal, a memorable last evening in Rapallo. Thank u to our two young chefs!!!

Reviewed 14 June 2018

This restaurant is very, very popular. I tried a drop in and they were full to the rafters. I had to reserve a table for the following night as I wanted to eat here before moving on.
The staff are most welcoming as you walk through the door. I opted for pastry parcels filled with a local tangy cheese. Very nice. For a main I selected spaghetti with an anchovy and cauliflower sauce which was fantastic. I thought at first that anchovy would over power the cauliflower but no you can taste them both equally and the two flavours worked surprisingly, exceedingly well together.
The panna cotta had the perfect amount of wobble and tasted delicious.
I followed the meal with the obligatory coffee and it came with a shot of spirit on the house.
Perfect end to a perfect meal!

Reviewed 29 May 2018

Spent a lovely evening here. The waiter was very friendly and spent time explaining the menu to us. We had some lovely pasta followed by some delicious fish. We were advised to eat the skin of the fish, something I had never done before and it was gorgeous. We got a great bottle of house wine and some delicious local liquors. Booked to go back again in a couple of days. Highly recommend. Be sure to make a reservation.

Reviewed 21 May 2018

We visited because of the excellent TA reviews and the early signs were good: enthusiastic owners , small menu, local produce and regional dishes. Perhaps we should have chosen the pasta dishes but we had already eaten the pasta with the walnut sauce the night before. What a let down...number one really?...better than the restaurants at the 5 star hotels? The veal dish was very poor. The meat was tough and fatty, the sauce may have been good but there was a few blobs so you could not tell if it was good or not. The side dish was six half pieces of fried potatoe, six measly pieces ! Hardly worth cooking or serving in my view. The warm fish salad was quite good but nothing special and had hardly any fish, again a few tiny bits sprinkled over the vegetables. The warm cheese bread was nice but again nothing to excite the palate. The quality of these dishes put us off having a desert. We would certainly never eat here again and would not recommend. A huge disappointment. Do not go here if you are hungry.

Reviewed 18 May 2018 via mobile

Went with this restaurant on the reviews, booked probably to early in advance but wanted to make sure we got a table. Not a large menu but a very high quality one. Had the local bread made with chick peas to start and then went for the pasta with spinach and ricotta it was sooooooo good. My husband had the spaghetti and also enjoyed it. This restaurant has very friendly staff. We went with 75cl house red wine, again so very good would recommend and at 8 euros it is not to be missed. I would highly recommend and would return.