“Excellent food and wine ”
Review of Angolo 48

Angolo 48
Price range: US$12 - US$70
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Bar Scene, Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Traditional Ligurian restaurant,located in the historical center of the town in a beautiful square. Tipical and local food, fresh pasta home made, fresh salads, bruschette, beef fillet steak, fresh fish everyday, vegetarian and gluten-free menu. Good wine, beer, sangria and cocktails!! Book now is better
Reviewed 21 May 2018 via mobile

We had one of the best meals of our trip here. The ravioli with walnut sauce was the most memorable dish. The wait staff is very friendly and contributed to the memorable dining experience.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,294)

Reviewed 19 May 2018 via mobile

A nice rustic feel in this very convenient restaurant. Service was good and the menu gave plenty of choice. Overall a nice experience although it wasn’t your average pizza and pasta venue. Wine list was fairly extensive without being overpriced.

Reviewed 10 May 2018

It was an Italian holiday weekend so the restaurant was quite busy, but luckily we showed up around 6:30 or 7 (early for Italians) and they sat us at a table outside. Unfortunately, it started to drizzle but they moved us inside. I'm sure they didn't have the tables to be able to do this but they never made it look like an inconvenience. They were turning people away soon after we sat down. I would definitely make a reservation if possible to avoid being turned away. That said, after the holiday weekend was over, it seemed slower and might have been able to get in easier. The food was good - we (myself and my 4 year old daughter shared all courses) had the patesi or whatever fish dish was recommended in previous reviews. I would say good, not mouthwatering amazing. I also had the Portofino spritzer and it was a little more liqueory than expected but good. I would recommend this restaurant for the fish dishes. They did bring out a plastic cup for my daughter immediately when we sat down, which was much appreciated. She can handle the glass, but it is one less thing for me to think and worry about while enjoying the meal.

Reviewed 6 May 2018 via mobile

We made reservations at Angola 48 and once seated inside, realized it was a lovely evening and would be nice to sit outside. A table was finishing up outside and the wait staff were very sweet about setting us up at a table outside. We ordered a salad, and bacalou fritters in a potato cream Sauce with dried olives garnishing it. We had a salad and shared 2pasta dishes: ravioli in walnut sauce and a pasta in pesto. They were outstanding- amazing flavors that I wanted to go on and on! We shared a tiramisu which was also outstanding. The staff were friendly and helpful, eager to please and willing to be helpful. The only disappointment was that it was our final evening inSML and we couldn’t go back for a repeat meal! Highly recommend!!!

Reviewed 1 May 2018

We had diner at this restaurant. We found the bill somewhat expensive for the dishes we ate.
As a matter of fact, i recommend not to order the plate "Polpo". Extremely disappointing, prepared in advance, very small portion of "polpo" and not very tasty, this for 12 €.
Otherwise, the service was good and friendly.

valegugu, Direttore at Angolo 48, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2018

Hello Mr. Toni,
thanks for your time. I am sorry to inform you that the octopus must always be prepared in advance because it must be cooked at least 1 hour.
I'm very sorry if you did not find it very tasty,
but the octopus has a delicate one and can not be compared to other types of tastier fish.
The quantity is not excessive because it is a starter, and the price of 12 € is certainly for its quality, and its long processing.
Quality is always in first place with us and obviously it is more expensive.
You could inform us at the time we would have changed capacity without problems.
We're so sorry because our regular customers love this dish very much and we're sorry you did not like it.
Thank you very much!