“Late night option”

Ristorante Sociale
Ranked #51 of 571 Restaurants in Como
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Based on NY Times review and Frommers no website listed.
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

We stopped by for a late dinner . Food was solid , nothing superb. Definitely feels like a family own place. We order the Oso Bucco with polenta.

Reviewed 18 March 2018 via mobile

The first time we ate at Sociale I was ill so I had the vegetable soup, and it was wonderful. So once I was over my cold I wanted to return for a real meal! Luckily we arrived as the restaurant opened at 7pm because with no reservation we squeezed in before someone who was smart enough to make a reservation at 9pm.
I chose the trout special with roast potatoes- and it was beautifully prepared with butter and sage. Joey had the Osso bucco- also wonderful with saffron rice on the side. We chose an amarone we hadn’t had before - the Seregho Alighieri by Masi - and the smell alone made me swoon. And for dessert, the chocolate truffle. I have to admit we didn’t leave a drop of anything on our plates or in our glasses.

1  Thank eurovicki
Reviewed 30 December 2017 via mobile

Went recently and enjoyed some wine, a steak and side dishes for a reasonable price. The medium steak was cooked to perfection, but it was bland, just like the side dishes and pasta I tried. I would go back as the food is decent and service excellent. There is nothing wrong with this place, but I personally did not find anything special either particularly when comparing it to others in the same area and within the same price range. Worth a try, though. Staff are great!

Reviewed 28 November 2017

It's a nice little restaurant, recommended to me by the hotel...The food is very good, the clients were mostly local people...a family atmosphere, simple but very high quality food..very attentive and friendly service...If you are a tourist in the search of a homelike authentic dinning experience, that the right place for you...

Reviewed 20 November 2017

This is a little gem of a restaurant that felt more like a locals spot. It's small, with a cozy atmosphere and great food and service. We had three pastas and all were delicious. after dinner, other diners wished us a happy stay in Como. Very nice, good food, good people. Three people, wine, dinner, one desert, 62 euro.