“Top notch hotel”
Review of Deh Cho Suites

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Fort Simpson
Deh Cho Suites
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Fort Simpson
Reviewed 30 January 2016

I was a late addition to the group and when we arrived the site was short on rooms. I was given a smaller but still nice tidy and clean. I had been more then slightly concerned having heard other stories of the town but was very happily surprised. The breakfast was a really unique set up where a small kitchen and pretty much everything you could reasonably expect to find was provided Eggs, bacon, toast, cereal, oatmeal. The twist is that you make whatever you want likely the freshest continental breakfast I've ever had at a hotel.

Room Tip: Can be noisy during day as the town smaller airstrip is directly behind but no evening flights as th...
  • Stayed: January 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank Sexner
Wendy G, Owner at Deh Cho Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2016

Thank you for choosing to stay with us. We strive to make the northern travel experience comfortable and a cut above by providing comfort and convenience. We are glad to hear you enjoy our guest kitchen. We have a lot of very positive comments about it, and guests tend to enjoy having the convenience of a kitchen a few steps from their room. Makes for convenience when working from your room, and not wanting to go out to eat in stormy weather. We look forward to you staying with us the next time you come to Fort Simpson.

Reviewed 24 September 2015

Everything people said about the accommodations at Deh Cho Suites was very encouraging and sure convinced me. Once I got there, I just relaxed after the long drive. Everything was clean and well kept; no complaints whatsoever. My bed soft and fluffy with a georgous quilt on top. I slept soundly all the nights I spent there (4); other than the one night it was not cloudy and got up about 1:00 AM to watch the Northern Lights!
I just sat out on the picnic table, out back, in the patio and watched in awe!

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 July 2015

The building is well-built and maintained. Even though I was there just before spring breakup there was little need to heat my suite, just a bit to take the chill off and the suite stayed warm. Small kitchenette to make snacks, someone did popcorn each night and that delicious smell made the place even homier.

It was an enjoyable stay, most comfortable and quiet. I would recommend to anyone in the Fort Simpson area.

• Stayed: March 2015, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 June 2015

I checked the reviews before booking my lodging and thank goodness I did! I was almost booked into Nahanni Inn! I overheard some women in the restaurant talking about being unable to take a nap in their N.I. room because of the noise. My suite was completely silent. I was exhausted by the time I finished working that evening. After supper, I arrived back to my room at 19:00 and was sound asleep by 20:00. The owners were very accommodating giving me rides when needed as well. I wouldn't stay anywhere else in Ft. Simpson! If they weren't available, I'd cancel my trip!

• Stayed: April 2015, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 May 2015

I have often stayed with Wendy and Kirby at the Deh Cho Suites. I have never been disappointed. The rooms are .always clean, well maintained, quiet and well appointed. Breakfast is provided, and there si a small kitchen for use. Often, the suites have two rooms, a sitting room and a bedroom.

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled on business
1  Thank YKexplorers

Been to Deh Cho Suites? Share your experiences!