See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 24 September 2015

Everything people said about the accommodations at Deh Cho Suites was very encouraging and sure convinced me. Once I got there, I just relaxed after the long drive. Everything was clean and well kept; no complaints whatsoever. My bed soft and fluffy with a georgous quilt on top. I slept soundly all the nights I spent there (4); other than the one night it was not cloudy and got up about 1:00 AM to watch the Northern Lights!
I just sat out on the picnic table, out back, in the patio and watched in awe!

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 July 2015

The building is well-built and maintained. Even though I was there just before spring breakup there was little need to heat my suite, just a bit to take the chill off and the suite stayed warm. Small kitchenette to make snacks, someone did popcorn each night and that delicious smell made the place even homier.

It was an enjoyable stay, most comfortable and quiet. I would recommend to anyone in the Fort Simpson area.

• Stayed: March 2015, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 June 2015

I checked the reviews before booking my lodging and thank goodness I did! I was almost booked into Nahanni Inn! I overheard some women in the restaurant talking about being unable to take a nap in their N.I. room because of the noise. My suite was completely silent. I was exhausted by the time I finished working that evening. After supper, I arrived back to my room at 19:00 and was sound asleep by 20:00. The owners were very accommodating giving me rides when needed as well. I wouldn't stay anywhere else in Ft. Simpson! If they weren't available, I'd cancel my trip!

• Stayed: April 2015, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 May 2015

I have often stayed with Wendy and Kirby at the Deh Cho Suites. I have never been disappointed. The rooms are .always clean, well maintained, quiet and well appointed. Breakfast is provided, and there si a small kitchen for use. Often, the suites have two rooms, a sitting room and a bedroom.

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled on business
1  Thank YKexplorers
Reviewed 3 September 2014

The Deh Cho Suites looks to be the most modern accommodation in Fort Simpson. The staff are great. The rooms are smallish but comfortable. The living room had a day bed, fridge, micro-wave, desk and T.V. If there are two people, it does make it a bit difficult to watch TV, but it's doable. There's was also a TV in the bedroom but you had to change the stations in the living room.
You share a small kitchen and fridge and have access to everything that is there. There is also a washer/dryer that can be used.
One thing that was surprising was that you also have access to the garden out back. When we were there tomatoes and cucumbers were plentiful and we used them to make some great sandwiches. They also grow rhubarb, pumpkin, miscellaneous herbs and further down a hill, other vegetables.
When we were there is did rain a bit so we would sit in one of the two gazebos and enjoy some wine.

I think these suites are set up more for l short term workers but they would be great for a short vacation stay. I will advise that there isn't really a lot to do in Fort Simpson itself. It's more of a jumping off place for flights into Nahanni. These flights can either take off from the little grass airstrip behind the suites or from the river not far away.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple