All reviewsone personin townthe kitchendehchoworkershangersplanestoriesdeskcerealbedroomhometvaccommodations
Reviewed 6 June 2016

The Suites are very comfortable, clean and have a lot of creature comforts from home, including excellent wifi. If you are staying a little longer, pack a few hangers as hanging space was limited in the room. The owners take excellent care of the property and it has lovely views from the patio area.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the new block, as I believe they are a little bigger, which is nice for longer stays.
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 June 2016

What an amazing idea. You get to choose your style of living!
Resort style condo homes (upstairs separated from downstairs with a locked door) available OR single rooms.
Most of the single rooms use a shared kitchen and laundry. However, the basement rooms of the condos have a kitchenette and the upstairs (2 bedrooms) have a kitchen, living room, and 2 bedrooms. Some of them even have in suite laundry.
View out the back is of the airport strip - it is terrific. Treeline in the distance, water, and you get to see the odd small plane take off or land.

Choose your class of living and enjoy!

Room Tip: lower floors are cooler
  • Stayed: April 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 January 2016

I was a late addition to the group and when we arrived the site was short on rooms. I was given a smaller but still nice tidy and clean. I had been more then slightly concerned having heard other stories of the town but was very happily surprised. The breakfast was a really unique set up where a small kitchen and pretty much everything you could reasonably expect to find was provided Eggs, bacon, toast, cereal, oatmeal. The twist is that you make whatever you want likely the freshest continental breakfast I've ever had at a hotel.

Room Tip: Can be noisy during day as the town smaller airstrip is directly behind but no evening flights as the field shuts down.
  • Stayed: January 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank Sexner
Wendy G, Owner at Deh Cho Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2016

Thank you for choosing to stay with us. We strive to make the northern travel experience comfortable and a cut above by providing comfort and convenience. We are glad to hear you enjoy our guest kitchen. We have a lot of very positive comments about it, and guests tend to enjoy having the convenience of a kitchen a few steps from their room. Makes for convenience when working from your room, and not wanting to go out to eat in stormy weather. We look forward to you staying with us the next time you come to Fort Simpson.

Reviewed 24 September 2015

Everything people said about the accommodations at Deh Cho Suites was very encouraging and sure convinced me. Once I got there, I just relaxed after the long drive. Everything was clean and well kept; no complaints whatsoever. My bed soft and fluffy with a georgous quilt on top. I slept soundly all the nights I spent there (4); other than the one night it was not cloudy and got up about 1:00 AM to watch the Northern Lights!
I just sat out on the picnic table, out back, in the patio and watched in awe!

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 July 2015

The building is well-built and maintained. Even though I was there just before spring breakup there was little need to heat my suite, just a bit to take the chill off and the suite stayed warm. Small kitchenette to make snacks, someone did popcorn each night and that delicious smell made the place even homier.

It was an enjoyable stay, most comfortable and quiet. I would recommend to anyone in the Fort Simpson area.

• Stayed: March 2015, travelled on business