See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 1 July 2015

The staff was exremely unfriendly and unhelpful! Breakfast was scarce and despite what they advertise, they charged us for an extra cup of coffee. The wi-fi did not work most of the time. Since it is an old house turned into a hotel, you have no sense of privacy! Definately overpriced and best to avoid!

• Stayed: September 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Thaliam1
Reviewed 21 June 2015

Visited the room at the last minute. Room was good value for money and the place was quite central. Well connected via trams and buses as well.

It is a nice family run hotel and there is that feel to it and the owner is a really polite & helpful with directions / suggestions, etc.

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with BudgetPlaces
Reviewed 8 July 2014

I stayed 3 nights over the weekend waiting for the Italian post office to open again so I can stay in italy! I stayed because it was close by my old accommodation and it was cheap. The whole place is pretty grotty, dirty looking. The manager looks like billy bob Thornton who has always creeped me out. He didn't offer to help point out anything not that I needed it. The free breakfast is the worst I've had, just 2 cereals and prepackaged croissants. The coffee was average. I had a room without a toilet or shower (I knew this when I signed up for it). Luckily I don't think anyone else was using it. The room was clean which was good. One day it wasn't cleaned. The "air con" is really old and looked more like a dehumidifier. The website I booked off said there was laundry and a hair dryer but there was neither. And the kicker was the wifi never worked! So yeah on,y stay if you have no alternatives is my advice

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Campbell M
Reviewed 17 July 2013

Hi all Travellers !!

We have just returned after a stay in Italy by spending our last two nights at Hotel De Albertis in Milan.
After reading Lonely Planet and other recommendations we decided to try this hotel for the last nights in Mialn. Also the information on their published web page gave us the idea that this was ideal for us. Not exactly looking for a cheap hotel, but cosy atmosphere a little outside the mainstream and the Duomo.

We couldn't have been more wrong !!!

Rooms were dusty, fridge/minibar not functioning, very little and non-tasty breakfast, no cosy backyard for breakfast nor reading/relaxing, very tacky and impersonal staff.
And: the booking agents for this hotel said that only one hotelroom available. We were the only guests! Even when trying to book while we were there, one room was "availabale".
Not sure if this is usual and if this shows that there is a lack of quality-check on the hotels using the different booking agents.

Well, the next time we will stay away from this hotel.
We advice all others to stay away from it as well unless you are lookling for all the above.
Even trying to ask for a reduction in price was not understood from the staff.

Dissapointed traveller

Room Tip: No tip could do it any better
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank J S
Reviewed 24 June 2012

While previous reviewers have said they were mislead about the air conditioning I will admit I didn't check before booking. If you're going to stay in Milan in summer make sure you book somewhere with A/C!

We stayed here in June 2012 for 2 nights and had no problems apart from the no A/C factor. There was a ceiling fan in the room which would of helped but when I turned it on we feared it would fall out with the amount of wobble it had!

The bathrooms are just a shower in the corner which was fine but the toilet is shared out in the hall way. The rooms weren't dirty but they weren't the cleanest either. The walls seemed a bit grubby and needed a good scrub or fresh coat of paint throughout would make a huge difference as would some new mattresses as ours was old, rolled into the middle and noisy.

Breakfast was fine, cereal toast and yoghurt and the hosts made fresh capacino's which were fine as well and he let me take a tray of breakfast back to our room which was nice as well.

The staff are friendly (family run, I think they live on the ground floor) and were helpfull with directions on getting into town (very easy, catch the tram 27 from 1 block away).

Overall it was fine apart from the lack of A/C but I did forget to check this first....

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple