“Best Japanese food in Italy”
Review of Fukurou

Fukurou
Ranked #112 of 8,370 Restaurants in Milan
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 6 May 2017

It has been by far the best Japanese restaurant I have tried on Italy. The restaurant is a real Japanese restaurant (not Chinese serving Japanese food), with Japanese chief and staff. The food was delicious, the staff were super nice and it didn't even cost that much. I has there lunch in a Thursday so there was no need for reservation.

Will go there again the next time I will visit Milan.

Reviewed 16 April 2017 via mobile

On Sunday we had to wait for a table which was ok. But then we had to wait again 1/2h before we were informed that raw fish for sushi was finished. Thus after 45 minutes we got 1/2 salmon and 1/2 salmon eggs on plain rice: disappointing. But when leaving the place we saw a guest with freshly served sushi!??
The restaurant was cooled down so much that I got a cold which annoyed me a whole week

2  Thank O5262KGchrisd
Reviewed 10 January 2017 via mobile

My favorite Japanese restaurant in Milan actually. After I lived 4 months in Yokyo this is the only place where I can experience the same delicious food. The service is very kind and the food authentic. Absolutely worth a visit and the prices are aligned with the quality of food!

1  Thank Fabio M
Reviewed 23 December 2016

Most importantly - you must reserve ahead of time. Everyone that came in during my stay there was rejected. I reserved 24 hours in advance and it was enough. They don't have any online system - you need to call in and they only answer the phones at certain times.
Food is very very good, there is quite a lot to choose from and sitting at the bar will allow you to get a glimpse of the magic.
Staff are polite, speak English and also recommend on good meals (I was lost from the wide selection).

1  Thank Amit Z
Reviewed 9 December 2016

The place is nice. Small and hidden but very cosy. It looks like a regular far east restaurant, the service is good but not the best. But the food is amazing. Compliments to sushi chef - the fish is fresh, tasty and well presented. Good choice - from Toro to Sea Urchins. Maybe the best sashimi in Milan. Sake list is very good as well.