“Interesting and stylish.”

Cuisines: International
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 26 June 2017

Very nice small restaurant. Reservation recommended. Good and interesting food. Good wine list. Very good service.

There are newer reviews for Essenza

Reviewed 20 April 2017

I loved my meal at this restaurant. I had the tasting menu, and while I could see how some of the dishes on the menu might not be to everyone's liking, I loved them. Expect a leisurely, creative meal. Remember - this kind of food does not come cheap! Prices are in the average-high range.

Reviewed 29 September 2016 via mobile

Restaurant was recommended by food connoisseur in Milan. Expectations were low. The place is very modern and just a few tables. The tasting menu we chose was superb and the service outstanding.
This place presents a fresh approach to the Milan cuisine.

Reviewed 6 August 2016 via mobile

Everybody seems to love this restaurant. And there are surely very positive points about.
The service is impeccable.
The decor is agreeable.
Certainly some of the dishes we had were very good...
But others I found tasteless.
To be honest, I don't really remember all the dishes but:
The lobster was ok, I was not floored.
The tripe was very good.
The pigeon was a real deception.
The small desserts they offered, because we could not order anymore, were not very good, rather tasteless.
The wine, advised by the sommelier was also a disappointment.

So I give a four star for efforts and encouragement, but not for my experience. I believe there are better options in Milano at the same or lesser price.

I would not recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed 1 August 2016

Took my husband here as they have a vegetarian degustation menu which is always a great find. The restaurant is beautiful, service attentive and very appropriate for fine dining and the menu was more an experience than just a meal - there was a little bit of theatre about the way the food is presented which elevates the evening beyond just a meal.

The food was a lovely reminder to slow down and experience all the flavours and sensations presented. I didn't adore every dish but that was actually ok because it was such an experience which I loved. I also loved that when we ordered, the staff checked whether I was vegetarian as well and presented me with a number of fish based amuse bouche items although the overall meal remained primarily vegetarian which was perfect.

I wouldn't take children or teens here. It's grown up fine dining, a lovely experience and a rare treat for vegetarians. I wouldn't go every week but if I could, I would love to go every season when the menu changed.

1  Thank bdcga