“The best vitello tonnato.”
Review of Le Vitel Etonne

Le Vitel Etonne
Reserve with
Le Vitel Etonne is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #295 of 4,102 Restaurants in Turin
Price range: US$16 - US$46
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Centro
Description: Il Vitello, come viene chiamato da molti dei nostri clienti negli anni diventati amici, è un ristorante informale e accogliente, dove si può gustare un piatto veloce o farsi coccolare dal nostro menu degustazione, prendere un calice di vino o scendere in cantina e scegliere tra gli scaffali la bottiglia per la sera. Siamo aperti a pranzo e cena e anche la domenica!!E’ possibile, prenotando, cenare dopo il teatro o il cinema, vi aspetteremo!The "Vitello", as it is called by many of our clients, who have become friends over the years, is an informal and cosy restaurant where you can savour a dish or treat yourself to our full menu, sip a glass of wine or come down to our cellar and choose a bottle for the night. We're open for lunch and dinner, and we're open on Sundays.Upon reservation, you may dine after the theatre and cinema shows: we will wait for you!
Reviewed 1 September 2016

We stopped here for a late lunch simply to try the vitello tonnato, and it definitely did not disappoint. The best I have tried. That sauce is gold. The Langhe wine recommended by our server was also very good.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,000)

Reviewed 25 August 2016

We were on our last night of vacation and in Turin for the first time as we were flying back from the city early next morning. A French colleague who travels to Torino for work and for pleasure suggested we try this place. I owe her big time. It was excellent in all ways: food, wine and extraordinarily pleasant and helpful staff.

Food: House speciality is vitello tonnato (pun in restaurant's name) and my wife and 11 year old daughter had it. It was without doubt the best VT I have ever tasted. I had a tartare of a lakefish of somekind and it was also excellent. Those were the starters. For mains I had maiale (I always have it once when visiting Italy) and it was the sweetest, most succulent little piggy I have had. V Simply prepared in a light reduction of its own juices. My kid wanted steak - I gulped, as it was priced by weight - but they found a small piece for her and she devoured it. My wife had pasta with a ragu based on a sausage from Bra - slow food capital of the universe. All delicious. We skipped dessert because we were completely full.

Wine!!!: This is a real selling point. They have an excellent selection of wines by the glass from all over Italy, although the emphasis is on Piedmont wines. They are also humanely priced and generously poured. We had six glasses between us and I think the total for all six came to €32. You can just about get a decent bottle of table wine in London for that kind of money. These were all of a much higher standard and it was great to be able to taste a variety rather than be stuck with a bottle.

Service: attentive, helpful, English-spoken ... absolutely correct.

Highly, highly recommend this place (as well as a visit to Turin). Ask to sit at sidewalk table.

1  Thank Longtimexpat1
Reviewed 12 July 2016

Our hotel recommended this place to us as a slow food restaurant, and something special in the neighborhood. We had a fantastic lunch: zucchini flowers stuffed with shrimp mousse, veal carpaccio, tajarin with porcini, and smoked eggplant ravioli. The service was excellent, our server recommended some delicious local wines. They corrected a mistake in our order without a question, and gave us a glass of local cherry liqueur to apologize. I only wish we'd had more time to come again--they clearly take a lot of care with the menu and the wine list.

Reviewed 8 July 2016

We had dinner her twice during our visit to Turin. If you can't sit outside, try to get a table in the wine cellar. It's a very cosy place, and also cooler there than upstairs. They have a good menu with local food, and an excellent wine selection. Recommended!

Reviewed 23 April 2016

This place was recommended by another restaurant owner so it must be good. It was! While we couldnt get a table for dinner as we called too late, we did stop by for lunch. It was great! I would definitely eat here while in Turin. Pasta was very tasty.