I had gone to Turin for just 2 days in order to see an opera at Teatro Regio Torino and I wanted somewhere clean, quiet, out of the centre and near the park and river, and near a good supermarket since I have to prepare my own food. Best Western Executive Suites ticked all the points on my wish list.
I’d arranged an airport transfer with the hotel and I’d definitely recommend this. Not only is it convenient but the driver was nice, the price reasonable but I did notice, on leaving the airport, that there was a long queue for taxi’s in front of the airport.
I’d asked for a top floor, quiet room and my Business Suite was on the top floor in the building to the rear of the hotel. It was very clean and quiet – of course, you hear the occasional scrape of a chair from a neighbour but I hear no noise from TVs, other guests in neighbouring rooms or the street outside.
The air con unit, a wall unit under the window, was, however, a little too noisy to have on whilst watching TV or whilst sleeping but I prefer to have the window open wherever I am, if possible. This was fine for me as I didn’t feel too hot and there was no street noise. The air con worked well at other times and was good for keeping the room cool whilst I was out.
The bed was nice and firm and the pillows comfortable too.
Whilst the TV channels – there is a huge number! – are mostly Italian, there are several American/English language channels.
The layout and space was good for me, as a solo traveller though the shower unit felt a bit small - that said, I think that is because I am used to an ‘open plan’ type of shower.
The staff were helpful prior to arrival via e-mail and during my stay.
The WiFi is free, though a bit slow and unstable at times. I was, however, able to watch programmes on Netflix on my laptop with no problems.
For those, like me, who need or prefer to make their own food, having the small kitchen unit is perfect. For foodies who prefer to eat out, there is a good selection of restaurants within 10-15 minutes’ walk and the hotel has detailed information and recommendations about local eateries. There is room service at the hotel and you can pay a small charge for the breakfast buffet (which I didn’t try but I saw it and it looked lovely with a good selection) but, other than that, there is no evening restaurant within the hotel.
The hotel is about 25-35 minutes’ walk from the centre of Turin. I didn’t explore public transport options. The main road into Turin is not in a great area, it’s a bit run down so it’s not a ‘pretty’ walk but I never had any problems. About 10-15 minutes’ walk in the opposite direction is an excellent Carrefour supermarket, selling a wonderful array of standard and organic and speciality diet foods.
Having walked round the centre of Turin and seen the location of other hotels, I’d definitely recommend Best Western Executive Suites because it’s so much quieter and the river and a lovely park, not to mention excellent value for money.. I’ll certainly come back to this hotel if, as I hope, I come back to Turin next year.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- There is a time to work and a time to enjoy. But every time, you will need enough room to stretch out, gather your thoughts, comfort, elegance, technology and people caring about you. You will find it all at Best Western Pus Executive Hotel and Suites, 4 stars Urban Design Hotel. Immerse yourself in a luxurious but informal atmosphere, where hospitality is at its finest quality, charm and taste. We are strategically located in the heart of Turin and close to the trendy shops and nightlife of San Salvario. The new rooms and suites are made for relax: elegant and functional like a beautiful home, with the best technology. Guests can experience The Roof Top Solarium with Jacuzzi, Bicycles, Fitness and Spa area. Natural light will flood the space around you for all your stay: during your delicious breakfast, your meetings, events and in the Lobby, dedicated to Turin but in an international art context, where every corner will be a surprise. We are eagerly awaiting for you, as we can’t wait to welcome a guest at home. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Agoda, Booking.com, Hotels.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Best Western Plus Executive Hotel and Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Executive Residence Turin
- Executive Residence Hotel Turin