“great spot.....easy to find with tower nearby”
Review of Sotto La Mole

Sotto La Mole
Reserve with
Sotto La Mole is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #429 of 3,809 Restaurants in Turin
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Centro
Reviewed 18 June 2015

We had read about this place and lucked out with NO reservation....it was the night of the soccer match and Turin folks had a team in the finals !!!! So, they were accommodating and the food was very good. The serving staff were a bit 'cool' in style towards us, but not unfriendly (perhaps they were a bit piqued by the lack of diners that night?).....no matter....we had a very good meal, good wine and dessert.....no rushing.....and I think you will enjoy. It would be helpful to reserve given it's fine dining quality ....

Reviewed 25 April 2015 via mobile

We had lunch at Sotto La Mole after visiting the Cinema Museum that is just opposite the restaurant. Food was very good and service adequate. A very good Nebiolo wine accompanied our lunch. Recomended.

Reviewed 8 April 2015

It was fine. The portions are not huge, you can easily have first and second. We tried the slow food, a salad with cheese which was very good, and my daughter had ravioli, which left her hungry, I had risotto, which was ok. The desert was excellent. Service nice, difficult if you don't speak Italian. The restaurant itself has nothing special, it's small, no special ambiance.

Reviewed 1 March 2015 via mobile

Food OK, service OK but not more, interior OK (they do not really Carey), all a little poor for the claim. I honestly cannot recomnend.

1  Thank manubern
Reviewed 17 January 2015

I have few words for how incredible this meal was. It absolutely made our quick trip to Torino. We went on the earlier side so had no problem getting a table for three.

At first, we were a bit confused, as you have to ring a bell to get in the front door, and a server has to open the door for each guest.

The menu is not huge, but offers you the absolute best of Piemonte cuisine. As our luck would have it, we happened to be here during peak white truffle season, so in addition to their standbys on the menu, they also had a few special features incorporating this divine ingredient.

We all started with an appertivo and snacked on some of the delicious bread. After some nice conversation, we started with a few items. The serve brought out a little taste for each of us to start with, which was a polenta and cheese concoction.

I next had a jerusalem artichoke with bagna cauda which is really beyond words. It was unique and true Piemonte cuisine. Bagna cauda is usually served as a dip of garlic, oil and anchovies. It has a little tang to it from the anchovies, and together with perfectly prepared jerusalem artichoke, this was just out of this world.

At this point, another bottle of barbera arrived on the table, which helped lubricate the stuffing that we were all about to do.

When in Rome, (well, Torino), I knew I just had to eat until I couldn't any more. So of course, I had a primi plate next. For this I had a lovely pumpkin gnocchi. The portion was luckily not huge, but like the rest of the meal, just perfect.

At this point, I really should have stopped, but I knew I had to go on. And since it was truffle season, I had to dive head first: white truffle risotto.

Now, in case I haven't raved enough about the food at Sotto La Mole, let me go on. This white truffle risotto was hands down one of the singular best dishes I have ever consumed in my life. The risotto was perfectly creamy and velvety, and the nutty truffles generously shaved atop it made this dish just plain sinful.

A sign that we were in the right place also, was that not one other table was english-speaking. By the time we left, the restaurant was packed with locals digging in to the local cuisine.

Sotto La Mole is the food you need to eat if you are looking for a nice meal while in Torino. It's not cheap, but it's not ridiculously overpriced either. But it is worth every last cent.

1  Thank castergalas