“Valdotain mountain eating at its best.”
Review of Bistrot Convivial

Bistrot Convivial
Price range: US$18 - US$33
Description: Lovely restaurant in Cervinia with a selection of fondues, raclettes and pierrades.
Reviewed 30 August 2017

Excelent meal! Everything I ate I would eat again.
We have dined here on many occasions, the food was great and reasonably priced.
Give it a go.

Reviewed 5 July 2017 via mobile

Excellent fun, great wine, fantastic food. The fontina cheese is great, and the ambiance excellent - but it is a relaxed place. If you are looking for a formal dining place, don't waste their time and yours!

Thanks guys for a great meal and a great time.

Reviewed 19 April 2017 via mobile

This place just sucks, and I wish I had not wasted one of my few dinner meals while in Cervinia here. I haven't felt this much distain toward a dinner experience in years. Do not be fooled by the modern decor. The staff are to blame. We arrived at 18:20, 20 minutes after Convivial's open time on the door, and the door was locked. The server opened the door reluctantly, which should have been our sign to leave. We sat ourselves and waited a couple of minutes as the only customers. Finally, the server came back and when we asked for menus, his reply was "I am the menu." He listed off some items, and we made a decision to order gruyere fondue, two salads, and red wine. The restaurant's "menu" is a half erased chalkboard wall on the other side of the restaurant, which the server did not tell us about, and we then realized we had ordered the more expensive of the fondues (25€).

While we waited, another server arrived to find herself also locked out of the front door. I had to let her in, and then she went back to the kitchen & ate her dinner in there in view of us. The salad was large enough for two to share but not worth it, unless you like a head of chopped lettuce, slices of half of a tomato, and oil/vinegar. The server plopped down the bread, potatoes, turned on the cheese pot, and left us alone until we had to ask for the check.... And when he didn't return with it, we had to get up and ask the other server at the bar for our bill again. And the register wasn't working as well. We had just had amazing fondue in France and this sloppy, boiling mess of fondue was not worth it. Unless you like to be completely forgotten by staff, go here for horrible service. Definitely not worth the 5 stars previous reviews gave to persuade us to eat here!

Reviewed 15 April 2017 via mobile

This was a fun place to go with kids, they thoroughly enjoyed it. As my daughter said "you can't complain about the food if you cook it!"

Really tasty and good value.

Reviewed 7 April 2017

This is a good value restaurant with cooking on the table. Food was good but the service was rushed - we asked for a menu but were told that the waiter would explain everything which gave us no time to ponder and consider all of the options