Abbazia Deluxe
Travelocity
US$285
HotelsClick
  • Bar/Lounge
All reviewssister hotelde luxetrain stationgrand canalcommon lounge areagreat locationpiazzale romaearly trainsanta lucia stationpay in cashdecent breakfasttwo nightshuge bathroomhamthe main hoteljacuzzi bathcontinental style
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 27 April 2017

Our family found this lovely friendly hotel after reading reviews on Tripadvisor. It was the perfect location for meeting up with other friends. We came up on the train from Rome and it was only a 2 minute walk from the Termini, right on the grand canal, blue skies - what a way to see Venice for the first time! Irena on reception was very welcoming and explained where we were and her best advise was to go out and "get lost" - which we did.
Hotel was ideally located and although on the main thoroughfare, we were not disturbed by noise from the vaporettos or fellow travellers trundling their suitcases past our room at all hours of the day and night.
Rooms were very clean, and suited us well for 3 nights. I do wish though, that there was more room for ladies to unpack their make-up in the bathroom. A little shelf would help.
Breakfast was plentiful and service was with a smile, no hot food, but that didn't bother us at all.
Would definitely stay here again.
Our friends were staying at the sister hotel and we used their garden to meet up. All very welcoming. Due to an early departure on our last day, we had breakfast at the Abazzia next door but found it hard to locate food choices with so many people trying at the same time so wouldn't bother again.

Room Tip: Pay extra for views over the Grand Canal
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 January 2017 via mobile

Booked this place for 1 night for 2 rooms that faced the canal and bridge. Great view and we were do lucky to get these rooms. Great value within 100 metres of the station. Very quiet overnight. The staff were great and the breakfast was lovely. The accommodation was so good we wished we had found this earlier as we paid too much for other accommodation in Venice. Thank you for a great stay.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 January 2017

We had to drop off a rental car at Piazzale Roma and then take the Frecciarossa south to Napoli out of Santa Lucia Station the next afternoon. I wanted a place to spend the night that was within walking distance of both terminals and Abbazia De Luxe fit the bill perfectly. Most of the time if you get a hotel near a train station you are asking for trouble, but this place is a gem for anyone who is visiting Venezia and would like to be near the quarter where real people actually live on the island. You are on the edge of the Cannaregio sestiere, and while there are no shortages of tourists here, an early morning stroll will reveal how life unfolds in this splendid place.

The hotel is small but charming. The breakfast buffet is superb, the rooms are quiet, and the decor is really well done. The shower in the bathroom is fantastic for two (unusual for Europe). Lights can be romantically dimmed to soft red. Not a huge room, but they utilize every square inch well. We slept like babies. Wi-fi was good. Staff was very, very friendly and helpful.

Note that there is another Abbazia hotel on the same street (same owners, nice but less romantic). This one is better. It's the first door on your left as you walk down the street perpendicular to the canal. You'll have to drag your bags up about 25 steps.

Bottom line: I would definitely stay here again. The price was extremely competitive for Venezia. Great value.

Nick in Palm Springs

Room Tip: Our interior facing room was just fine
  • Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 January 2017 via mobile

I normally stay here every time I come to Venice, however it's due for a change, although the staff are friendly and my room always clean. Due to refurbishments somewhere I don't know where??? I had to drag myself out of the hotel to their sister hotel and the breakfast still poor. I only went once!!! The breakfast is still a disgrace, poor choice, no hot food, 1 lousy coffee machine and long queues for a load of rubbish. If you want me to continue to pay your high prices then offer a decent breakfast, at least in the deluxe offer hot edible food. I've had enough. The hotel reception needs updating its tired and OLD looking. GREEDY OWNER put your money and make it deluxe again . Last time staying here until you fix the problem.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 19 November 2016

LOCATION
2 minute walk to the train station which was why i choose the place.
Its down a side alley. Lots of restaurants near by. Its about a 30-40min walk to St Marks Square, but its fine as you just follow the main route along all the shops.
Its very convenient for what we needed

ROOM
The room was nice. Little different in its decor. Quite dark. The bathroom was great and we had 4 different shower heads to use. Had toiletry items that were needed. Low lying bed but quite comfy.
We had a window that looked into a shared atrium. There is a large tree in the atrium that I think attracted some mosquitos as we had some in our rom on the first night so we had to keep the window closed for the next night. I let the staff know. I would just suggest to keep it closed just to save your self from being bitten.
We had a fridge and tea/coffee making facilities.

FACILITIES
We had breakfast which was set up in the common lounge area each morning. Didn't have much but the pastries were yum and I took a few packets of the cookies to have in my bag for throughout the day. Wifi was ok but we had a few weak spots in the room so there were times in needed to stand near the room door for stronger reception.

OVERALL
Check in was easy. But make sure you head to the second door a bit further down the alley as the first door is the entry to the rooms. They had complementary umbrellas to use which we nice.
A good location and ideal for what we needed. And I found the price suitable for staying in Venice.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kristy L