“Very, very nice surprise”
Review of Abbazia Deluxe

Abbazia Deluxe
Ranked #99 of 476 Venice B&B and Inns
Reviewed 27 August 2017 via mobile

We booked a room with a canal view. The hotel is very close to the train station and kind of easy to find (I was using my gps). Once inside, you have to go up a set of stairs and you'll find the receptionist. She was very helpful with our suitcases and with info about Venice. We arrived at 10am and she said she would have our room ready at 11am guaranteed. We went to see the city of Venice and came back at 1:30pm. The room was ready and what a nice surprise! The room is big with a view of the canal. Bathroom is big with double showers. The room has a very nice feel and makes you feel very comfortable once you're inside. AC works perfectly well. Internet is fast and tv channels are limited (not a big deal). We couldn't try the breakfast because we had an early train ride to Bologna. I would recommend this hotel to anyone who's looking for a very nice place to stay in Venice.
I would totally come back if I ever think of Venice as my destination again.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends

Reviewed 5 August 2017

I reserved a room at the Hotel Abbazia Deluxe in Novermber of 2016 for a stay in September 2017 for three nights . I booked with the hotel directly on their website. Yesterday, I received an email from them saying that they have cancelled my reservation, weeks before my trip, forcing me to scramble to find a room during a high-demand season. Their email states that they had a problem with their reservation system. My suspicion is that they bumped me for another reservation at a higher rate.

If you have a reservation, be careful. This is is total lack of courtesy & is completely unprofessional. My visit to Venice is in September 2017, and I will not be staying at this hotel, but since the travel month is a required option for this review, I have chosen August 2017.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank eqnmty
ABBAZIADELUXE, Responsabile reception at Abbazia Deluxe, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2017

Dear Sir/Madam,
I'm sorry to read your review, with such strong tones, because for years we try to do our best to meet the needs of our customers.
And it is from this intent that the misunderstanding was born.
Having had problems with our booking system, it turned out that you had canceled your reservation, so we sent you an email asking you a confirmation.
Your insinuations that we want to make you pay more for the room are very bad for us, since we always try to put our heart on what we do.
If you contacted us privately, instead of using TripAdvisor, we would have solved it in just five minutes.
Hoping to have clarified our position in the most correct way, to you and to all those who'll read your review, i confirm that we are here at your disposal for any further clarification.

best regards

Irene, reception

Reviewed 21 May 2017

Great upscale room and bath with view of Grand Canal and major bridge close to train station. Irene managed bookings and was so knowledgeable and helpful with Venice restaurants, gelateria, points of interest, shows, etc. Excellent English and simply simpatica. Lucia kept the rooms and public areas spotless and prepared daily breakfast which was delicious, satisfying and varied - fruits, cheeses, breads, prosciutto, cappuccino, the works. Delightful no hassle stay and location with easy access to all transportation. Would return on next trip to Venice.

Room Tip: 2nd floor, canal view
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 April 2017

Our family found this lovely friendly hotel after reading reviews on Tripadvisor. It was the perfect location for meeting up with other friends. We came up on the train from Rome and it was only a 2 minute walk from the Termini, right on the grand canal, blue skies - what a way to see Venice for the first time! Irena on reception was very welcoming and explained where we were and her best advise was to go out and "get lost" - which we did.
Hotel was ideally located and although on the main thoroughfare, we were not disturbed by noise from the vaporettos or fellow travellers trundling their suitcases past our room at all hours of the day and night.
Rooms were very clean, and suited us well for 3 nights. I do wish though, that there was more room for ladies to unpack their make-up in the bathroom. A little shelf would help.
Breakfast was plentiful and service was with a smile, no hot food, but that didn't bother us at all.
Would definitely stay here again.
Our friends were staying at the sister hotel and we used their garden to meet up. All very welcoming. Due to an early departure on our last day, we had breakfast at the Abazzia next door but found it hard to locate food choices with so many people trying at the same time so wouldn't bother again.

Room Tip: Pay extra for views over the Grand Canal
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 January 2017 via mobile

Booked this place for 1 night for 2 rooms that faced the canal and bridge. Great view and we were do lucky to get these rooms. Great value within 100 metres of the station. Very quiet overnight. The staff were great and the breakfast was lovely. The accommodation was so good we wished we had found this earlier as we paid too much for other accommodation in Venice. Thank you for a great stay.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family