“Friendly service & good food”
Review of Fritto & Frutta - CLOSED

Fritto & Frutta
Price range: US$1 - US$10
Cuisines: Fast food
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours
Neighbourhood: Santa Croce
Reviewed 18 April 2014

As many previous reviewers have mentioned, owner of this place is a really friendly guy. He let us know what the various items were (in good english) and as we were unsure what to order, he suggested a mixed carton . I must say everything was excellent and very tasty. If you fancy a snack and don't want to pay the earth, this is a really good bet! It is close to the railway station on the opposite side of the Grand Canal.

Reviewed 16 April 2014

The owner was very friendly and spoke english quite well. There was no menu saying which is what but he helped. On his advice we took a bit of everything, sauce is included. We took a smoothie (strawberry; 3 euro's) as well. It costed 14 euro's. In my opinion it was good fried food (but my girlfriend thought it was too oily/greasy; perhaps what you get from fried food), the sauce (kind of mayonaise like) was good too, but the smoothie was not sweet enough. I could taste it was made purely of strawberries, and little or no sugar added to it, but I personally prefer my fruit sweet as hell. Overal thus a good place to eat for little money in Venezia.

There is no toilet and there are only five chairs to sit. It is a small room.

Reviewed 11 March 2014

We picked up a sea food platter one night along with the zucchini flowers and it was excellent. Wholesome and delicious. The owner was very friendly and the service was prompt. Liked it so much that we went the next evening as well.

Reviewed 8 March 2014 via mobile

Try the calamari, zucchini flowers and a smoothie! All other seefood and fried cheese was also very good without being too heavy.

Reviewed 19 February 2014

Passed by this shop and thought it looks interesting. From memory the reviews on this place was quite decent. However, I thought it was quite disappointing. Ordered a "mixed fish" set for 4 euro only to find myself getting a very small serving of 7-8 small pieces of fried stuffs, mostly squid pieces. There was only 1 piece of fish in there. Not at all "mixed fish". The taste was alright, typical friend stuff, neither good or bad. For that price I rather go to Alfredo and get a hot pippin' bowl of pasta for 5-7 euro!