“It's closed or being renovated - not sure which”
Review of Fritto & Frutta - CLOSED

Fritto & Frutta
Price range: US$1 - US$10
Cuisines: Fast food
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours
Neighbourhood: Santa Croce
Reviewed 29 May 2014

I was relying an the Venice app on my kindle. We walked to this restaurant only to find that it was not open. Decals were still on the window including the name (so we knew we were at the right location) and one fromTrip Advisor one but the cabinets were pulled out and the whole place was disheveled.

No note in window so it may be undergoing renovation or it's just plain closed.

3  Thank magdeliene

Reviewed 15 May 2014

It was a hot afternoon, we had an hour to wait for our train and so we decided to hunt down Fritto & Frutta due to the good reviews on this website.

We really liked this place. The service was efficient and the man serving us was very welcoming. We ordered two smoothies and assorted boxes. It was excellent value for money. I particularly enjoyed the courgette flowers - I had never tried them before and they were great.

I would advise a drink is bought with this meal, because obviously with all delicious fried foods, you may get thirsty. The smoothies were good; you could taste the fruit and they were not overly-sweetened.

Great location from the station and nice greenery nearby.

1  Thank Anna B
Reviewed 18 April 2014

As many previous reviewers have mentioned, owner of this place is a really friendly guy. He let us know what the various items were (in good english) and as we were unsure what to order, he suggested a mixed carton . I must say everything was excellent and very tasty. If you fancy a snack and don't want to pay the earth, this is a really good bet! It is close to the railway station on the opposite side of the Grand Canal.

Reviewed 16 April 2014

The owner was very friendly and spoke english quite well. There was no menu saying which is what but he helped. On his advice we took a bit of everything, sauce is included. We took a smoothie (strawberry; 3 euro's) as well. It costed 14 euro's. In my opinion it was good fried food (but my girlfriend thought it was too oily/greasy; perhaps what you get from fried food), the sauce (kind of mayonaise like) was good too, but the smoothie was not sweet enough. I could taste it was made purely of strawberries, and little or no sugar added to it, but I personally prefer my fruit sweet as hell. Overal thus a good place to eat for little money in Venezia.

There is no toilet and there are only five chairs to sit. It is a small room.

Reviewed 11 March 2014

We picked up a sea food platter one night along with the zucchini flowers and it was excellent. Wholesome and delicious. The owner was very friendly and the service was prompt. Liked it so much that we went the next evening as well.