Lowest prices for your stay
US$241
US$144
PricelineUS$245
CheapTicketsUS$268
eDreamsUS$241
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 8 June 2015

I was rather disappointed in this hotel, yes the rooms are larger then you would normally expect but the decor was tatty with a musty smell. There were notices on everything in the room which did not make you feel at home. My husband at 6ft tall did not fit under the shower. One of the most irritating things was that if you turned of the main light to go to sleep this turned off all the sockets and electricity to the room, so you cannot charge your phone or camera overnight without either sleeping with the main light on or removing the light bulbs. I would not expect a four star hotel to be so stingey with the electricity. On the good side the location was brilliant, for the vaporetto and all the main sights. The staff were friendly and brought us a cocktail on arrival. I must say having read the other reviews, I was disappointed that I didn't get a bottle of wine or prossecco like most people seemed too, especially having told them we were staying as part of our honeymoon when I booked. The breakfast was in a tiny room that doubled as the bar, it only served egg as hot food and the rest was cold buffet, it was sufficient but I expected better, the coffee was very good. Overall I really don't know how this hotel got 4 stars. Despite my complaints above, we spent very little time in our hotel room as there was so much to see and do outside, so a great time had in Venice. I would not however stay here again.

Date of stay: May 2015
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
GIGLIO2013, Direttore at Palazzo del Giglio, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2015

Thank you for your comments which we always find informative and which we use to constantly improve the service that the hotel offers.

I would like to make a few observations which ought to shed some light on the less positive views you make. As long as the room key remains inserted at the main door, electricity to all power points remain active. Individual lights each have their own switches that can be operated as desired. Once again, all power points remain in operation unless individually turned off. This is the case in all our rooms.

It is our pleasure to offer a bottle of Prosecco to our guests. However this courtesy is not extended to the super-economy rooms, one of which you chose to make use of as it is clearly a financial consideration.

On a final note, I can confirm that an individual of six feet in height does fit under the shower head in all our bathrooms. Your observation in this regard was a little perplexing.

I am very pleased to note that, overall, Venice did not disappoint. It is indeed a special place.

The Management

Reviewed 27 May 2015

Absolutely ideal location - 2 min walk from the vaporetto stop from the airport (you want the Orange Line to the last stop - Santa Maria del Giglio), and very close to the hustle and bustle of San Marco.

Free prosecco on arrival - a lovely touch. The rooms were spacious (we even had a separate lounge area which was not expected, especially in Venice), with modern bathroom facilities. Free WIFI which worked great while we were there. Friendly and helpful staff.

The breakfast was a little lacklustre, but apart from that everything was perfect and we would definitely stay here again. It really was value for money in a city where that is quite difficult to find! x

Date of stay: May 2015
2  Thank 327sunnyr
Reviewed 3 May 2015

The location is superb, being five minutes from St Mark's Square and one minute from a Grand Canal vaparetto stop.
On arrival we were unexpectedly upgraded to a room with a view over the piazza and a glimpse of the Grand Canal. A further nice touch was a complementary bottle of Prosecco wine and a bowl of fruit in the room.
The hotel was clean and comfortable and the reception staff were all very friendly and helpful. The breakfast was perfectly adequate to set you up for the day.
Having previously stayed at three other hotels in Venice we would have no hesittaion in staying here next time.

Reviewed 24 April 2015

Stayed in the penthouse suite for 4days. Spacious, with separate bedroom and fully equipes. Also the amnemities in the bathroom. Super breakfast, very friendly staff and locationwise perfect to visit Venice. Close to vaporetto, and also to the gondola which crosses the Grand Canal. SAN Marco plazza is 5 minuten walking. The suite also has a terrace with a great view. Free WiFi withouten limitation to the number of users.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 7 April 2015

This is a very nice small hotel close to the very heart of the Venice. I was surprised how easy it was to get to all the main sites in the islands from here. Water transfer from airport arrived through the Gand Canal which was a breathtaking entry to the city. It was one minute walk to the hotel through one block from the stop. There is a five minute walk to San Marco squere. Peggy Guggenheim Collection is just on the other side of the canal with gondola crossing. The room was cozy and almost luxurious although quite small but quite enjoyable. The staff in the hotel were very friendly and helpful. I liked the breakfast also very much. There is some noise from the streets in the lower levels during nights. Compared to the relatively low price and location this choice far exceeded my expectations. I will surely choose the same hotel again for my next trip.

1  Thank Olli-one