All reviews st marks square great location bridge of sighs rooftop terrace san zaccaria tucked away top floor ham the air conditioning major sights stayed here for two nights small hotel minute walk water buses alley directions hairdryer
Reviewed 7 October 2017

Having looked forward to this trip we were extremely disappointed in the twin room which was a dark back room where the beds were in different corners. The whole room was very tired. The beds were uncomfortable but the linen clean and fresh. Clean towels every day. Sadly there was no sign of the bedroom in the brochure or the roof terrace!! Breakfast was adequate and the serving staff very pleasant. The front desk staff weren't very helpful. Not a hotel I would recommend.

Date of stay: September 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sue D
Reviewed 4 October 2017

Very friendly hotel front desk. Held our bags since we were early. Cute room with two single beds pushed together. Lovely terrace area outside just for hotel guest. nice breakfast. no elevator and we were on top floor! althou they offer to help carry our bags! I would stay here again! It was about $150 a night.

Date of stay: September 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 14 August 2017

we only stayed one night at this hotel on July 22 . the location is great , minutes from San Marco and a 10 minute walk to the bridge .

The price was very good considering the location , the hotel is old but you're in Venice ...everything is old!! Bathroom and bed were clean , free breakfast was very good . No elevator but we didn't mind as the bellhop carried up our suitcase for us for 1 euro tip.

first impression of the reception wasn't good as we were a bit nervous leaving our passport with him for an hour but we had to do this at ALL the hotels in Italy so don't freak out !

I forgot my iphone on the front desk and thought I was pickpocketed on the way to the hotel . Luckily the guy at the front desk was HONEST and put it away for me , he could have easily kept it!! for this reason I gave it 5 star rating but I would of gave it a solid 4 star either way .

Room tip: none....all rooms are upstairs
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Stephen M
Reviewed 30 July 2017 via mobile

Decent hotel, spacious room. No lift but the staff will help with your bags -lots of stairs tho- breakfast provided. Very close to San Marcos square. Ive stayed in more expensive hotels in Venice that are not half good. Would recommend.

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Edwin M
Reviewed 30 July 2017 via mobile

My friend and I stayed for one night. We booked via hotel.com and paid a very reasonable rate.
Finding the hotel was very easy from the water bus station San Zaccaria.
Upon arrival front desk were polite and welcoming. Our room was perfect for a short stay, cosy and comfy!
We both had a good nights sleep and found the facilities basic yet suitable.
Breakfast buffet was the usual continental items.
As we had a busy second day the hotel allowed us to store our luggage there and we found ourselves coming back and forth to which the hotel had no problem with us doing so.
Before leaving we decided to buy some Bellini's and drink them on the peaceful rooftop terrace.
Overall a great stay and would recommend if you are after a good location, sleep, shower and breakfast!

Trip type: Travelled with friends