“Terrible service ”

Price range: US$20 - US$93
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: San Polo
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Should’ve walked out. Hostess was pleasant and helpful but our waiter was rude and inattentive. Food was ok, nothing special. Definitely not worth the time or the money.

Reviewed 27 March 2018

The Osteria del Cason replaces older, traditional restaurants from this area (sestiere di San Polo) with a modern establishment. Despite the name, unpretentious, there has been serious thinking behind this "concept" and it pulls it off.
Though not exclusively, the emphasis is on fish courses. Among the offerings, raw oysters, raw shrimp and raw, chopped tuna (a new fad in Venetian cuisine, excellent when well seasoned) . Still, when I went (twice) the menu was very depleted. So, I rolled with the punches and ate what was available, all good. The Prosecco della casa (carafe) was pleasing and dry.

Reviewed 11 March 2018 via mobile

Came here on one of my wife's friend recommendation.. food was really good. The spaghetti with sea food and gnocchi

The spaghetti beat the gnocchi this time around

Worth it every penny. had a wine and enjoyed the evening..

Reviewed 25 January 2018

After a long day of sightseeing, my husband and I walked around for a restaurant close to our accommodation. This restaurant appealed to us because it looked romantic, was right along a canal, and was nicely decorated. It went downhill from there. It became apparent sitting indoors was a bad idea because the smell of sewage (from canal) permeated the interior and the air was not recirculated outside. It wouldn't smell so much if you sat outside because the smell rose. We placed our order with the waiter who looked disappointed when we declined any wine with our meal. He perked up when I asked if they had sprtiz and my husband ordered a coke.

Before my husband finished the last few sips of his soda, the waiter came over with a new glass which we assumed were refills as we did not ask for it. When the bill came, I was charged 15 EUROS for a spritz (not top shelf alcohol) and charged twice for sodas. This doesn't seem much in the US but per google and our tour guide, the average price of spritz is 1.5-2.5 euros and you should just walk away when its 5 euros. Since the spritz wasn't on the menu, the waiter charged me with whatever he felt he could get away with and he was only happy to run over with more sodas so he could pad the bill.

I'm sorry but gouging tourists or anyone for that matter is not a good way to run a business. I hope the business owner will look at these reviews and make changes for the better.

1  Thank April H
Reviewed 2 January 2018

the fish and starters are exceptional fresh, very good, but the service was not very professional. everything took ages. so you should go there for the food, but prepare for waiting time. btw they have a nice wine selection