All reviews no lift rialto bridge campo santa maria formosa great location room overlooking the square nice square water taxi top floor recommend this hotel third floor quaint hotel watch the world city break the hotel staff pastries air conditioning stayed for nights
Reviewed 26 November 2017

My partner and I stayed for a couple of nights in the Scandinavia hotel. We were greeted by Elena on our arrival, she was brilliant and could speak my native language perfectly (French) or my partner's (English). All staff was very friendly. The breakfast was excellent. We had a lovely room with an amazing view on the plaza. The hotel is in walking distance to everything you might need (shops, restaurant, waterbus etc). Top star hotel, highly recommended!

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank car0linej79
Reviewed 18 November 2017 via mobile

The room was extremely small. With very thin walls. Could hear the rooms all around us. You could also hear all the people walking back from bars passing under your windows even with them closed. The bathroom was clean but again very small. No place to set your toiletries. We found the girl who checked us in was very nice and helpful with restaurants in the area and how to get to land marks. We had to get the water taxi to the airport early in the morning and she was helpful in explaining how to do that and what time we should go. We were on the 3rd floor with no elevator. The bed was comfortable and the room worked for what we needed.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 November 2017

I enjoyed my time there. The staff was incredibly friendly and helpful. I was quite happy to get one of the rooms with a balcony, if you don't mind the stairs, it is really the best room to stay in. The room was a little cramped... but I do think over all, best value in the city. I'd definitely stay there again, and hope for the same room.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a balcony... the hike up the stairs is worth it.
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 October 2017

We stayed here for 2 nights. Although the shower was tiny, the room and hotel were clean and comfortable plus we had a balcony overlooking Campo Santa Maria Formosa with a small produce stand and restaurants in the piazza. The staff were great, especially Stefano. Nice breakfasts served in a quaint dining room. Although not a problem for us, the hotel does not have an elevator (the 5 flights up and down were good exercise considering all the great food we were eating). The location was great with lots to see and do within 1 - 1.5 miles, including the Rialto Bridge, Doge's Place & St. Mark's Basilica. This was a great place to stay.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 October 2017 via mobile

Spent two nights in the hotel. Staff are friendly and helpful. Good selection of food for breakfast. Hotel a bit dated but clean. Room numbers are a bit haphazard, not consecutive. Once we got our bearings it was easy to find our way around the island. About 8 minutes to Rialto bridge and St Marks. Use the water bus to get around,a lot cheaper than the water taxis.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple