“Delightful in Every Respect”
Review of Osteria Da Fiore

Osteria Da Fiore
Ranked #286 of 1,490 Restaurants in Venice
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Neighbourhood: San Polo
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Recommended by our excellent hotel, Palazzo Sant' Angelo, we had a perfect evening of delightful food, pleasant decor, and attentive service, all at reasonable prices. There were both Italians and tourists dining.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Our party of four all had the 6 course menu. It was truly a "dining experience" the is worth the high price. The restaurant did a great job recommending a mix of appetizers, first courses, second courses, and desserts that delighted everyone. The presentation was exquisite and the service was first class. If you want a high end dining experience, this is the place.

Reviewed 13 February 2018 via mobile

This was our first night in Venice and my husband booked this star restaurant. We took the 6 course menu which costs 140 euros. The food was mediocre and not worth a star. The staff was either arrogant or not trained correctly. I am sorry to sound so tough but you simply do not get for what you pay for or what you except from a European star restaurant.

Reviewed 10 February 2018 via mobile

It was a great foodie experience but I would rate the service superior to the food. Highly recommend I will say go for a fine meal. My choices were too many fried dishes, so my fault and not the restaurant. The service was 5 star.

Reviewed 31 January 2018 via mobile

I came here with my family, expecting a brilliant dinner with excellent service that was worthy of 1 Michelin Star. Can you guess what I'm gonna say next?

I did not get this. From the second we entered, we knew this place was totally pretentious, the bow-tie wearing waiters were totally over the top, and although they probably thought they were being sincere, it didn't come off that way at all. They didn't refill our water once during the dinner, they danced around the dining room like they were doing a great job (weren't), and all the while, the food was totally mediocre. We paid 48 Euros for the Branzino. What an extortionate rip-off that was. The Tiramisu was so dry. Bad all around - the Michelin inspectors must have been wasted when they gave this place a star. I love the service industry, restaurants, and am the first to appreciate the hard work that goes into the business. Both quality and hard work was lacking here. Big time.

2  Thank Max W