JW Marriott Venice Resort & Spa
Hotel Rialto(Venice)
US$285
US$168
  • Breakfast included
Novotel Venezia Mestre(Venice)(Great Value!)
US$158
US$121
1,745 results
All reviewsprivate islandfamily poolrooftop poolisola dellekids clubbeautiful resortrose barcucina restaurantwater taxiguest relationsfree shuttlesan marcoshuttle serviceminute boat ridejames bondmain buildinghotel shuttle
Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

Trip started off bad, caught a ferry from the station to S. Marco. I should’ve just arranged for a water taxi. The ferry gets crowded and zig zags across the river, stopping at every station.

Arrived at S. Marco and found the pier for the free shuttle to the resort. Saw the majestic JW branded boat docking at the pier. Despite looking majestic it crawled all the way to the resort. All up from the station to the resort took a good hour. (Water taxi’s take 15min).

Once you arrive at the resort, all is forgotten! Beautiful greeneries, fresh air (or maybe I was imagining things). Erica and Marco helped swiftly check me in and upgraded me to a fantastic room near the olive trees. Wife was so impressed with the hotel I swear it gave me bonus points!!

Clean and modern rooms - check! Coffee machine - check. Lot’s of free water - check. Quiet and peaceful - check.

A relatively young and polite team trying very hard to do the best.

Hotel might seem a little inconvenient but it’s nice to stay in a serene environment away from all the noise.

By the way the free shuttle to the hotel does seem faster at night.

One recommendation, with all the beautiful scenery around the island, perhaps little photogenic tips scattered across the island to help all the novice photographers. eg, take a photo at this location facing the beautiful pink flowered trees (Cherry Blossoms??). Imagine the hashtags on instagram!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

The most amazing time spent here. From the minute you arrive to the james bond entrance, to the fantastic breakfasts and staff that cater to your every need. We stayed in one of the suites which was absolutely beautiful. I Will definitely return.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Nicola W
Reviewed 29 March 2018

(This is an update to our review posted/deleted earlier.)

A summary of our 3-day experience:
* No benefit for Marriott elite members, "complimentary" room upgrade turned into an up sell trick, free breakfast not available since this claimed to be a "resort"
* Twin room with two single beds - one would expect queen beds at a "resort"
* It is on a private island; however, besides the hotel main building, the spa and a third-party restaurant, the island looked quite deserted, nothing else to offer - I don't understand how this place claimed to be a "resort"
* The kiddie pool was closed because it was not heated, the kid playground area was closed because the kiddie pool was closed - so my kid had nothing to enjoy at this property
* Boat shuttle to San Marco ran every hour, earliest departure from hotel at 9:00 - not super convenient
* On the positive side, room is large with sizable bathroom + private balcony

Detailed review here:

Lack of elite benefits:
* As a gold Marriott member, I was expecting to be eligible for upgrade and free breakfast. However, when the upgrade was offered, I was told that it would cost 150 euro. If I want breakfast, then 200 euro per night! This is the first time a Marriott or SPG hotel is trying to up sell me when I was inquiring about complimentary upgrade. This is definitely not the type of welcome which one wants to offer to their guests. And of course, I was not told about that a "complimentary" upgrade would cost that much until the receptionist has already spent 15 min behind the computer looking for the right room. What a complete waste of my time at 11:30pm.
* And then free breakfast is not included. Guess how much it would cost to purchase? 35 European per person and very "generous" half price for our 3-year-old. That is ridiculous. When we booked, the website did not indicate anywhere free breakfast would not be offered as an elite benefit. If we knew, we would not have booked this hotel given that it is some distance from the main sites.

Lack of resort type facilities:
* The private island concept was nice; however, the island did not have much to offer besides the few standalone buildings which housed the usual hotel amenities, such as spa and fitness center. The rest of the island looked quite bleak - will probably look better during summer time.
* What was the most frustrating part was that the only kid friendly facilities were closed. The kiddie pool was closed because it was not heated...maybe we still want to dip our feet into the pool, hello? The playground area was closed because the kiddie pool area was closed - how ridiculous. We picked this hotel partially because of the family friendly facilities. We were not told of the closure during the booking process. What a shame.

Free shuttle to San Marco:
* The concept of staying on a private island was nice. However, in reality, it was less than ideal. The boat ran every hour. If you missed a boat, you would have to wait for an hour on this private island which offered nothing for you to do to kill time. The earliest boat from the island left at 9:00 - a little bit too late for our taste.

On the positive side, even our lowest tier room was quite sizable (contrary to the receptionist who told us that the room would be too small for 2 adults and 1 kid) and the bathroom came with both a bathtube and a shower. The style was clean and simple, definitely not luxurious.

I have stayed at many hotels. This fits more in the category of a business hotel rather than a resort hotel. If you are a Marriott elite member, I would recommend you to stay away.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
4  Thank midnight_warrior
JWMarriottVenice, Manager at JW Marriott Venice Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2018

Dear midnight_warrior,

As in response to your previous but deleted trip advisor review, and with failed attempts to contact you during your stay at our hotel, we would have liked to have the opportunity to show you a true Marriott experience. We had suggested that you stop at our front desk and speak with the Front Desk Manager, Erica Travan, who would have loved to have the chance to address your concerns.

The satisfaction of our customers is our highest priority so I welcome you again to contact our Front Desk Manager, Erica Travan, to discuss the situation in more detail. You can email her on erica.travan@jwmarriotthotels.com.

We hope that if your future travels ever do bring you back to Venice, you will allow us the effort of providing you with a true JW Marriott Venice Resort and Spa welcome and stay.

Kind regards,
Carlos Arpal
Director of Rooms

Reviewed 27 March 2018

This was a surprise birthday tirp for my wife. We live in Barcelona so visiting Venice had to be extra special for the celebration.

I splashed out and organised the VIP pickup from the airport to the hotel, expensive, yes, worth it? Just to see the look on my wife's face, totally worth it. (I was flying in from the US so met her at baggage claim)

We arrived into reception and were greeted by Joaquim, speaking Catalan. An amazing co-incidence but enjoyable nevertheless.

Giulia went to great lengths to ensure we had a nice room (which we had) and that we were happy and ready to celebrate.

The amazing army at the concierge desk helped us organise a packed schedule and the free shuttle from the hotel to the mainland (if you can call it that) was perfect.

We ate in Sagra on the first evening and Lorenzo threatened us with custom cocktails the following evening, so we took the challenge and were not disappointed.

There really was nothing to fault in our stay, the hotel staff were very generous with their time, service was impeccable and the hotel was lovely in sending a card up to our room wishing my wife a happy birthday.

We met so many outstanding staff members during our stay, but would like to make a special call out to Giulia, Alvero,Claudia, Lorenzo, Joaquim and Danilo who really went out of their way to make this a special trip. Thank you.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank anduain
Reviewed 26 March 2018

My wife and I stayed here for a night on our honeymoon. We particularly loved the location of the private island and the fact that it was removed from the craziness of mainland Venice. The property was well manicured and the rooms quite spacious and clean. The HIGHLIGHT of our stay was meeting a kind gentleman by the name of Massimo who helped us with our bags and made us feel right at home. Thank you Massimo!

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple