“An exciting and authentic Sardinian lunch”
Review of Su Passu

Su Passu
Ranked #803 of 7,048 Restaurants in Sardinia
Price range: US$17 - US$41
Cuisines: Italian
Description: Our dishes, all strictly based on local products, offer a look [and a perspective] on the cuisine of the south-eastern Sardinia, ranging from a vast array of appetizers from roasted cheese to snails, from "cordula" with peas to roasted "treccia" (offal) and "caglio di capretto" (baby goat rennet) from "trattallìa" (lamb offal) to mushrooms salad of "ovolo" ("Amanita caesarea" - seasonal), and then move to the first courses from Ogliastra's culurgiones, pappardelle pasta with wild boar ragù, noodles with tomatoes and smoked ricotta, and the second courses including goat with Vernaccia and wild boar stew and roast. Homemade desserts. Reservations recommended on weekends.
Reviewed 21 May 2018

I hired a local tour guide Salvatore Paderi to go for a mountain hike and then an authentic Sardinian lunch. We went for two hour mountain hike and then very tired and starving we settled for a three hour lunch and what a treat it was. This was a Sunday and the restaurant only serves reserved seating customers. All the tables had reserved signs. There is no menu and what the chef prepares that day from the local produce is what you get to eat. That I found it very exciting. We had a 4 course meal of cheeses, salads,beans, snails, artichokes, organ meats, pastas, culurgiones, suckling pig, wild boar and deer meat, followed by desert and grapa and wine with your food. Over all it was a wonderful experience.For an experience of this type you can contact Salvatore Paderi at paddyshousecagliari@mail.com.

Reviewed 31 January 2018 via mobile

I m a foodie, restaurant owner in London looking for exceptional food in Sardinia. On my way to the mountain from cagliari to muravera we discover this small place on the road. The restaurant has 50 seats and very busy it's running by a couple very attentive on his own cuisine, friendly and absolutely knowledgeable. We had the 10 dishes set menu, beautiful home made cured meat, pork and wild board cooked to perfection, snails in tomato ( amazing ), pecorino sardo fondue all washed up with a light red wine.
After chatting to the owner he let me try his personal cheese on the goat stomach, a delicacy I only here about on the book. He s not sell it but if you ask I m sure he will be happy to let you try.
At the end of our lunch he took his time to show us is sausages storage and the way he work on it.
I just want to say, thank you for your hospitality. I recommend this restaurant to people with an interesting of proper Sardinia food and people.

Reviewed 27 August 2017 via mobile

We booked in extremis on a sunday in august. Restaurant was quite full.
Maybe it was specific to sunday, but we had only choice on antipasti (20€) or full degustation menu (35€). We decided for antipasti.
It was a succession of delicious traditional sardinian dishes: coppa, ham, different kinds of cheeses, beans, escargots, tripes.
At the end, the waiter proposes us to continue on the degustation menu; the dishes look likes delicious too but we were full up.
Service was very efficient despite the restaurant was full, nevertheless we noted a traditional sardinian distance which could be feeled as a lack of empathy.
I think it is the reason why some posts rankings are low.

1  Thank Mounier j
Reviewed 13 January 2017 via mobile

I Went last year in middle february to celebrate my brother's birthday. Casual, cosy, Su Passu is situated in a location where you can admire the beautiful Sardinia nature, this time, not in the sea side. The food is incredibly good and tasty, the portions are generous and I really recommend to avoid breakfast in the morning if you want to try every single dish of the set menu. With 25 euro you eat from the antipasti to the ammazzacaffé. Service as well, simple and efficient.
After lunch, I recommend to walk trough the village of San Gregorio, a little gem the middle of the mountains.

Reviewed 30 October 2016 via mobile

We were a group of cycling friends who were famished. Arrived at 2 pm and the extremely unfriendly staff "welcomed" us - the restaurant is full - you can have a cold pannini and some coke. This is obviously nor typically Sardegna but I guess these people are just annoyed by tourists. I think that if you are looking for something typically Italian.. keep going and ride or drive to the next city.