“ baba ganoush from heaven!”
Review of Caffe Curtigghiu

Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 22 April 2017 via mobile

We ate here on our first night in Catania. My husband had been at the place previously with locals during a work trip. We adored the aubergine/eggplant dishes on our previous holiday in Sicily in 2001... on this occasion, the mezza-like starter with aubergine was Devine. We ordered extra baba ganoush and hummus. The caponata and parmingania were excellent.
The staff are busy and buzzing.
The place is informal and well frequented by locals. Families, young couples, old friends.

Good for a snack or a dinner and less pretentious than the more trendy places on either side!!! .. but maybe we are just a pair of old fogeys!!

A great first meal in Catania and a lovely informal start to a week of good food in Sicily. Recommended.

Reviewed 19 April 2017

Our food was wonderful, the atmosphere was appropriate. One of the only restaurants we could find open at such an early hour for Catania (7pm). Waitress was very fluent in English. Best Pizza Margherita I have ever had, fresh sauce was great. From what the rest of the family said, the pasta was filling, rich, delicious, and the best meal they had on the trip. Definitely worth the short walk off Via Etnea. And the pricing was substantially appropriate considering the great food quality. I highly recommend!

Reviewed 16 February 2017 via mobile

My friend and I had a meal here one evening during our visit to Catania, and it was one of my favourites. There were several vegetarian options (in fact I think my pasta dish may have been vegan) and some really interesting dishes on the menu. The staff were extremely helpful and friendly, and the restaurant had a nice relaxed atmosphere.

Reviewed 11 February 2017

My wife and I went to Catania last week for the St Agata feast. Since we flew in quite late at night we found most of the restaurants closed so we tried to find somewhere off the beaten track but still in the historical centre of the city, close to where we were residing. That is how we discovered Cafe Curtigghiu in the narrow Via Santa Filomena, parallel to Via Etnea.
This is a welcoming restaurant offering mostly typical, delicious, Italian food with a very good quality/price balance.
I strongly recommend this restaruant.

Reviewed 1 February 2017 via mobile

We arrived at the small restaurant and we were welcomed . We had beef which was delicious . The only issue we had is that from the sweet menu we ordered a chocolate cake and they brought us a pudding when we asked the waitress that for us this is not a cake very rudely she answered "but for us it is and if you don,t like it leave it there " and she just walked away. In my opinion the management should get someone who knows good english to do the translation on the menus since in theres they have loads of mistake !!!!