US$148
US$68
Free cancellation until 26/07
US$58
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$69/night.

US$72
Accatania(Catania)
TripAdvisor
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 13 July 2015 via mobile

On arrival, we were welcomed by a gentleman which we assumed to be one of the owners. He was very kind and helpful but that was the only time we saw him and did not meet anybody else even when checking out during our stay. We were given two sets of keys (one of which didn't work very well most of the time) and had access to enter or leave 24/7. Wifi throughout the hotel. We had a large 4 bed bedroom with its own bathroom. Poor lighting but spacious wardrobes although with very few hangers. Air conditioning worked well but the fridge didn't. Very basic continental breakfast everyday (buffet). The cleaning lady was very nice and helpful but only around until 1pm and the rest of the day the hotel was empty. However, when you called the contact number a lady with little English answered the phone. Great location in the centre of Via Etnea (the main road) with great bus links. We had to pay 3 euros per person of government tax which we were only informed of on the day we left.

Stayed: July 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 May 2015

I stayed in this B&B last weekend with a friend. Location was perfect, it was very clean and with a good breakfast. And most of all, their friendliness made us the greatest stay we could have in Catania. If I ever go back to Catania I will not look for any other place to stay.

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled with friends
1  Thank Ana M
Reviewed 22 July 2014

We arrived 15 minutes after 8pm. Nobody answered our door rings. Luckily I had an Italian phone and was able to call the number on the door. We were "greeted" by a man who we felt was not happy to see us and he pointed at our room with a grunt. We walked into our room, questioning the strangest check-in of all time. The man was then at our door reprimanding us for being 15 minutes late and not speaking enough Italian. We speak Spanish, English, and broken Italian but we got yelled at by this man for being in Italy and not speaking Italian. He took our money, did not explain one thing about breakfast or check-out. Nothing. By far the rudest experience we have had in our (quite extensive) travels.
The next morning, after sleeping in our own sweat because the air conditioner was busted and we obviously would not get one bit of assistance from this person, we went to breakfast. We were having our very simple breakfast when the coffee machine runs out of milk. There is apparently no reception person working at this hotel. Instead, I asked the housekeeping woman if she could help assist the milk dilemma. She said not one word, but begrudgingly refilled the milk and went on her way, brushing off our appreciations and thanks (in Italian). 5 minutes after 11am she rings our door bell and yells at us 3 syllables: "Eee-le-ven" which at this point confirmed our suspecting check-out time. Italian warmth was not found here and we would not recommend staying here.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank melindance
Reviewed 18 May 2014

We stayed only one night in Catania and were happy with our choice of this hotel. It is small, on one floor of a big old house. The rooms are big, clean and the street noise can be (almost ) all shut out. The breakfast for 3Euro was okay, nothing great, but good enough.
We had wifi and a save in our room. Even though the staff spoke little English we could communicate.
I would stay there again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 September 2013

B&B Rubens is situated in the centre of Catania and in the busiest street, via Etnea. We arrived around 23.45, I had to ring the bell twice and call the B&B for the door to open; we were greeted by a man with a sad face (probably we woke him up); I do understand it was out of their time but I did give them a call twice from my country to confirm our arrival at that time of the night.
Breakfast is average... costs 3eur p.p. Just once there was fresh bread, the rest was stale and you had to toast it to eat it. There were various pastries, but just once I had a brioche it wasn't bad but not the best. There is also cereal and jam, coffees, pineapple and orange juice, milk and water.
Our room was comfortable enough, there was TV and AC. Unfortunately the mini bar was not equipped (despite having a price list) so after my arrival at night I couldn't drink a nice bottle of water, yet I had to sleep thirsty! The bathroom is quite small, not much room to move around. Unfortunately it was not meticulously clean such as the shower had some black stains and water did pour out on the floor after a shower. The cushion on the armchair also had stains. I do have pictures but I think my critic is already hard enough. For our last night at the B&B the towels where not changed so that was another thumb down!
Despite being sound proof I still could hear the sirens of the police and ambulance at night and our room was situated on the side street. There was supposed to be free wi-fi, but again no one told us the password since it was secured. There was also a small safe but no one told us how to use it.
The lady that was at the B&B in the morning was nice and helpful when I asked for advice but she never introduced herself. It is a pity that there is not enough effort from the owners, because this could be a real diamond since it is so centrally located you can walk anywhere in Catania to visit the most important attractions, shopping and dine in great restaurants. On the bright side this is not the only B&B centrally located as there is another one within the same block and others further up the street.
Finally the other man who neither introduced himself who greeted us upon our arrival did finally give us a smile in the last 2 days. They were kind enough in letting us keep our luggages at the B&B till 20.00 since we had to leave our room by 11.00 and had to depart late at night.

Room Tip: even though the doors are soundproof try and ask for a room at the back, to avoid hearing noises such as sirens from the outside
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends