“Great Cannolis”

Santoro Piazza Cairoli
Ranked #579 of 742 Restaurants in Messina
Cuisines: Bar
Reviewed 26 December 2017

This bar is a short walk from the cruise terminal. It features some of the greatest cannolis you will ever eat, for 2 Euros apiece. Have one, and a cup of espresso outside under the trees of Piazza Cairoli when visiting Messina.

Date of visit: December 2017

Reviewed 7 October 2016 via mobile

Good coffee, but very expensive: 4 euro for an espresso doppio is more than twice as expensive as the doppio at Prestige, a few blocks down the road.

Date of visit: October 2016
Reviewed 14 June 2016

We stopped by for a late breakfast and everything that we had was terrible as it was the service. The granita coffee and whipped cream was a just a melted iced coffee with an unpleasant whipped cream, the brioches was spongy, cornettos were not cooked properly (undercooked) and obviously not tasting very good; asked for an American coffee but after several reminders, we were brought a long coffee in an espresso cup. I would not recommend this place to anyone visiting Messina and I will never go back myself.

Date of visit: June 2016
Reviewed 25 May 2016 via mobile

We called in here for a beer following a long walk around this city and wished we had passed it by. I generally only do good reviews of places I visit but this place annoyed me enough to break with tradition.

We asked for two beers to be told that the local beer would cost us 5 euros each. We had already tried this and wanted something different so we got Heineken after a long wait to be presented with a bill for 12 euros. The bill didn't say Heineken but our server was quick to tell us the price of the local beer but didn't mention our choice was 6 euros each.

On delivery our waiter demanded immediate payment and then brought our change which was wrong. When questioned he said I trust my man on the cash register.

Steer clear of this place.

Date of visit: May 2016
1  Thank boxeremma
Reviewed 19 November 2015

Lovely place for Wifi and a beer/wine. Arancini Messinesi caught our eye so we stopped. Lots of cruisers about so wifi was a little slow but the waiter was very helpful getting us on. Arancini was large enough to share (and only 3€) and local wine was excellent. Okay, it was 8€ per glass, but it was excellent. Location on piazza under trees made it a recommendable stop.

Date of visit: November 2015