Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Joie13
West Palm Beach, Florida

A lovely and special hotel in Palermo.

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 3 Jun 2024
This is a really lovely hotel. Great location just off a main street in Palermo for convenience and no traffic but close to lots of restaurants, shopping and sight-seeing. The dining room is beautiful and the 2 breakfast rooms are stocked with all of the usual sweets and savories plus fresh squeezed juices -- and you can order off the menu for cappuccinos and egg dishes. The inner courtyard or cloister is a really special central area that is open to the sky and always beckons you to sit and enjoy the fountain -- and music on the weekend evenings. The hotel staff is always there to answer questions or to look up train schedules or make recommendations for restaurants, etc etc. A big huge shout-out to Roberta who actually remembered me from my emails and went over and above the call of duty to accommodate my requests and share a few laughs. And to Francesca, Ambre and of course to Vito and all the warm and friendly staff in the restaurant. Plus, they have a spa on site that sounds delicious --- next time!! I could go on..... with more compliments, of course!
Date of stay: May 2024
Room Tip: This is a large hotel -- enjoy exploring the lower public floors and take the stairs, they're...
Trip type: Travelled solo
5.0 of 5 bubblesService
5.0 of 5 bubblesSleep Quality
Responded 3 weeks ago
Dear Joie,

I wish to thank you for choosing the Grand Hotel Piazza Borsa during your stay in the city of Palermo and for taking the time to share your detailed and positive feedback. I am pleased to hear that you appreciated our spacious rooms, breakfast and our strategic location in the heart of the historic center, which ensures our guests are inclose proximity to the city’s many attractions. It’s wonderful to read that you appreciated the beauty of the Hotel and the luxorious courtyard. It will be a joy passing on your kind words to everyone, who will be undoubtedly join me in expressing gratitude for your recognition of their exceptional efforts here on this platform.

Looking forward to welcoming you on a next journey to Palermo, I remain sincerely yours.
Pierpaolo Nuzzo Hotel Manager Grand Hotel Piazza Borsa.

RM 430
  • Lol.travel
    RM 1,451
    RM 2,288
View more hotels in Palermo
All reviews excellent location old world walking distance sitting area spacious rooms per day major attractions risotto the air conditioning cakes atrium cloisters piazza tub sites internet cappuccino
Selected filters
Reviewed 25 May 2024

This may have been a grand hotel in the past, but today it seems faded and old-fashioned. It's a bit of a rabbit-warren and easy to lose oneself. Pluses were our large, quiet room and bathroom, both with windows, and plenty of storage. Minuses were hard mattresses and a telephone which didn't work. Service and breakfast were no better than average. The hotel is close to many restaurants, providing plenty of choice for meals.

Date of stay: March 2024
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank courtenay37
Pierpaolo Nuzzo, Direttore generale at Grand Hotel Piazza Borsa, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Courtenay,

I wish to thank you for choosing the Grand Hotel Piazza Borsa during your recent stay and for taking a few minutes of your time to share your experience. I am pleased to read you have appreciated the spacious and quiet room and the bathroom, as well as the ample storage and windows. I regret to learn that other aspects of your stay did not meet your expectations. I apologize for the discomfort you experienced with the mattress. Please be assured that we have since added toppers to our mattresses to enhance comfort for our guests. I also apologize for the fact that our service and breakfast did not met your expectation, I would have liked to have been informed so that I could respond to any of your needs. While our hotel has a rich history, I am continually working to maintain and update our facilities to provide comfortable and modern experience for our guests.

I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future, ensuring a more enjoyable experience. I remain, sincerely yours

Reviewed 20 May 2024 via mobile

40 years ago it was probably really nice. The lowest score was the mattresses. They felt really worn out. The bathrooms were ample and ours even had a bathtub!
The location was great, entrance is on the side and wasn’t easy to find. They had a valet to manage our car.
There is a lovely interior courtyard with a bar that made a nice meeting place.

Room tip: Use the tub while you have it. Check in early (they are full).
Date of stay: May 2024
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Penguino,
thank you so much for choosing the Grand Hotel Piazza Borsa during your recent stay in the city of Palermo and for taking a few minutes of your time to share your experience. I’m glad you have appreciated convenient location of the hotel in the heart of Palermo and the quality of our bathroom. Thank you for the compliment about the luxurious cloister. On the other hand, I am sorry to read you had problem with mattresses, if we had been informed our team would have promptly find a solution and make your stay more comfortable.

Looking forward to welcoming you back, I remain sincerely yours.
Pierpaolo Nuzzo Hotel Manager Grand Hotel Piazza Borsa.

Reviewed 12 April 2024

Never experienced such poor customet service from a hotel in our life. Mix up with booking by travel agent was met with reception staff who could care less. We stayed overnight at a Holiday Inn recently in the USA and received better customer service. I suggest to look elsewhere in Parlermo.

Date of stay: April 2024
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear s429PBfrankB,
thank you so much for choosing the Grand Hotel Piazza Borsa during your stay in the city of Palermo and for taking a few minutes of your time to share your experience. I regret to hear about you recent experience with our customer service. Our reception staff is usually known for being attentiv and helpful . We pride ourselves on providing excellent customer service and are very sorry that we did not meet your expectations on this occasion. Please accept our sincere apologies for the lack of assistence and care you encountered.

I hope you will give us another chance in the future to provide you with the qualitry experience you deserve. I remain, sincerely yours

Reviewed 8 April 2024 via mobile

I stayed here for 3 nights. The front desk people were very helpful throughout the stay. The breakfast was good and they people working there were very nice. Everything is very clean and the room was quite large. The one problem is that the bed was exceedingly hard and the pillows were super thin. This made sleeping very hard and I woke up feeling sore and tired. Otherwise, it’s a nice hotel in a good location.

Date of stay: April 2024
Trip type: Travelled on business

Dear Flyingboy58,

I wish to thank you for choosing the Grand Hotel Piazza Borsa during your stay and for taking time to share your positive impressions. I am glad you have appreciated our breakfast and the cleanliness of the room. I greatly appreciate your kind words regarding our helpful staff. Your recognition motivates us to continue providing the highest standards of hospitality. On the other hand, I regret to read you had problems with both the bed and the pillows, if I had been informed I would have promptly find a solution and make your stay more comfortable.However, I would like to inform you that it has been added a topper to the mattresses in the rooms to ensure a comfortable stay.

Reviewed 22 March 2024 via mobile

Classy 4* hotel in convenient location (traffic ghastly but they will park your car for €18/day). Mostly helpful staff, but significant niggles that you wouldn’t expect in a hotel of this calibre e.g. air con not working, bath plug broken, light bulb out, extension lead necessary… All small things willingly rectified but shows lack of attention to detail. However, decent linen, hot-water & WiFi. Plenty of local alternatives that may prove better value.

Date of stay: March 2024
Trip type: Travelled solo

Dear Lucy,
I wish to thank you for choosing the Grand Hotel Piazza Borsa during your stay in the city of Palermo and for taking the time to share your feedback. I am pleased to read that you have appreciated our convenient central location and found our staff mostly helpful. I am glad you four the linens satisfactory and that the hot water and WiFi met your expectations. However, I am sorry for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay. These incidents are certainly not reflective of the standars we strive to maintain. We are commited to ensuring every detail is perfect for our guests and we regret we fell short in this instance.

I hope to have the opportunity to welcoming you back and provide you with the best experience that truly reflects the quality of our estabilishment. I remain, sincerely yours