Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
yowimp
Carleton Place, Canada

Older hotel used by tours - finicky rooms

3.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 24 Mar 2019
Our room was on the 3rd floor - a long walk from the one and only elevator. March 22 so Air Conditioning did not work. Windows were large in the ceiling. The windows and blinds open by switches on the wall. When we got the windows open we were able to cool the room and no pigeons flew in. Pillows were thin. We had to call reception for another bath towel. The WC refill was very slow - you had to wait awhile to reflush. Operating the shower was tricky. On/off was one level and the other adjusted the temperature. The plug in the bath was controlled by a rotary dial. The carpets are getting very warn. Lots of hot water. Good breakfast.
Date of stay: March 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3.0 of 5 bubblesValue
    RM 1,451
    RM 2,279
View more hotels in Palermo
1,304 results
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 11 January 2019

This poor excuse for a hotel is a joke. Dirty, old, tired and with stained furniture it is an embarrassment to the accor name. At 185 euro per/night in the off season, it is an absolute joke. The so-called suite - apparently one of the best rooms in the hotel - also smelled. My partner's asthma was impacted immediately. The room had not been cleaned properly and the furnishings/furniture had not been updated in at least three decades. The staff were unhelpful and bordering on rude. We cancelled our stay, we were planning a week, and had to go elsewhere. We have then had to fight to get our money back (we booked direct with the hotel so there were no booking agent issues) and are still fighting. As it stands, we have received only a partial amount back. We have the appalling state of the room we were offered on video. Happy to share with those interested.

Date of stay: January 2019
3  Thank Sydney_JT
Reviewed 1 January 2019 via mobile

Stayed for business on NYE. Sicily is obviously awesome. The hotel though was not awesome. It seemed to be in a state of disrepair. In some cases things where quite literally falling apart. My biggest regret though was the food. I was very excited about the thought of some fantastic Sicilian food to see out 2018. Unfortunately what I got was a re heated bunt on the outside and cold on the inside piece of Lasagna, that tasted of off fish, with a side show of stale bread, washed down with some mediocre Merlot. It may have been the worst meal of 2018.

Date of stay: December 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
4  Thank olek194
Reviewed 15 December 2018

Visited on a tour around Sicily. Great hotel, old but excellently furnished with spacious, well-equipped rooms. Whole hotel spacious and fantastic. The best Mercure for some time but all were excellent.

Room tip: All seems good, ours had a city view but was quiet
Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 November 2018

Do not stay here - a lot has to do with staff training. This site requires a 200 word statement -interesting, - how many words does it take to say you are not satisfied with the hotel , not centrally located--room cold ask 3 employees to correct, never happened-staff had no idea how to print out boarding passes-guess I helped by instructing staff.
Had no idea what a zero balance on invoice is , on and on

Dr. Alexander

Date of stay: November 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank Discover75144
Reviewed 26 October 2018

I think my title says it all. The room was well furnished and very pleasant, even had a balcony although with the traffic in Palermo you would not want to be out on it too long! However, the food was terrible, ditto the staff. I ordered a Caesar salad. It consisted of some chopped up lettuce with chopped chicken dumped on the top and a spoonful of bottled mayo. Some so-so croutons completed the ensemble. No attempt had been made to mix it, there was no garlic or any of the other ingredients which make a Caesar salad. So I complained. The waiter made no apology, just shoved a menu in front of me. I ordered a toasted ham and cheese sandwich, not much to go wrong you would think. Think again! It came very burnt on both sides, so much so that other guests complained about the smell. It was obviously done deliberately because I had complained. When I said this was inedible, the very surly waiter snatched it away and then banged it down loudly on a china plate. Everyone heard the noise. When I went to the front desk to complain the waiter rushed up and said another sandwich was on my table. I refused to eat it as by now I was extremely angry and my husband had long finished his lasagne, which, incidentally, was dried up and a very small portion.

The member of staff on the front desk just said that the waiter is normally very nice!! A very professional way to deal with a complaint.

Our tour leader had arranged for the luggage to be brought down to the lobby on our departure, but it was not. We had to go back up to our rooms to collect it.

All-in-all a very unpleasant experience which we will not be repeating,

Date of stay: October 2018