Lowest prices for your stay
Hotels.com
Get rewarded with One Key
ZenHotels.com
RM 194
UrskaK
Palermo, Italy
Awesome morning view!
5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 6 Nov 2019
We had a pleasant stay in hotel. Breakfest was always full and many choices. View from the room was awesome, view to seaside. Room was clean and had always clean towels.
Staff of the hotel is very nice!
We recommend this hotel!
    RM 1,945
    RM 708
4.1 km from Hotel Villa D'Amato
View more hotels in Palermo
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 1 September 2019

I would have given it 2 stars if it was not for the below incidents.The hotel did upgrade us to a room with a balcony even though this should have been booked in a first place. However, this seemed to change staff's attitude towards us, after this they were not that helpful.
Apparently a new service they offer is for guests to be dropped off for free at a near by location, which we booked for the first day. Once we were dropped off, the driver gave us a card and said we could contact them when we want to be picked up, which we did but apparently they were busy. The car never worked or they were always busy after that, sad to say but true the service was always available for Italian guests.
Although the hotel was clean and has good WIFI, it is NOT near a beach. The nearest beach is very very dirty. The garden was lovely but we could not use it as it was extremely hot and staff refused to open the umbrellas, apparently due to strong winds! It was so hot that no leafs were even moving.
We wanted to sit outside under the only umbrella that was opened but had no tables and it was in the shade, so moved couple of chairs. Staff came out immediately and asked us to move in the sun and took the umbrella down, no explanation, nothing.
The restaurant is constantly hired out to weddings, birthday parties etc, which was okay the first night enjoyed the music, however this was at least 5 night in a row and music was so loud it went on until 0300 am at least every night. Those guests were able to use whatever they liked, it felt like we as a paying holiday customers were an inconvenience and a bother most of the time.
Coffees for staying in customers should be charged at 1 euro, we were constantly charged 2.50 per coffee and in the end it was pointless discussing it.
My son bought water from the hotel and was charged 4 euros for 1 litre bottle, the next night he was charged 2.00 euros for a bigger bottle.
On arrival no one mentioned the check out time and hotels tend to usually confirm this, as it was a package holiday and they had all the details I assumed they knew that we did not have to leave until 1830. Fine, maybe I should have double checked but not even checking that we know, I was in the shower and got a call which my son answered and he was told we must leave immediately. He tried to explain I was in the shower, in the end I had to come out get dressed and go to reception.
We were given an hour but when I asked what the check out time should have been it kept changing, 11 then 12. They did let us get all our last luggage together until 1300 but spent quite a bit of time discussing it.
After we left they did take out bags in an empty room (which was nice), it was a very hot day and we did not want to travel or walk anywhere so we went and sat in the cool where the bags were. Staff came in straight away and said they needed the room at 1800 as it was booked, so I said fine we would have left by then and only wait 30 mins in the sun for the transfer. Long story short, I could hear then discussing it and we had to leave.
They were some helpful things they did, which would have earned then more stars but unfortunately the attitude and making us feel unwelcome out ways that.
Staff seriously need to rethink how business is done and try to feel guests welcome, we stayed for 14 nights! So not passing by.
Everything we asked for was a struggle, breakfast was terrible also.

Room tip: Would not recommend.
Date of stay: August 2019
HotelVillaDAmato, Direttore at Hotel Villa D'Amato, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2019

Dear sirs,
let's go by step.
Your room had not been booked with a balcony however we thought it appropriate to change it and give you one with a balcony.
Our shuttle service is active and is free for 12 hours a day, I think it's an exclusive thing and you can very well book and ask at the desk: no one will refuse to accompany you.
Check out in all the hotels in the world is between 10.00 and 12.00, if you had different needs you had to communicate it to the desk.
I don't think that coffee and water were paid for at that price. I rather believe in other consumptions that you are not mentioning and that perhaps escape you.
Having said that, perhaps we should be the ones to evaluate you. Our staff is always very attentive. And maybe it was your wrong attitude.
In all cases I hope we can meet again, maybe the points of view this time may coincide

Direttore
Hotel Villa D'Amato

Reviewed 5 August 2019 via mobile

The hotel is lovely, we spent 14 nights at the hotel and can honestly say all the staff are kind friendly and most helpful, all talked our language as well as a variety of others. They were just kind polite and most of all welcoming. The hotel was okay with the only massive downside was the main road but wouldn’t be an issue with a sea view, but nether the less the people here make up for that. Would recommend for most people. 10/10 on friendliness 10/10 cleanliness.

Date of stay: August 2019
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank liamisamazing
HotelVillaDAmato, Direttore at Hotel Villa D'Amato, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2019

Dear Guest,
we thank you for your positive feedback. We are happy when our efforts satisfy our customers. We remain at your disposal

Reviewed 3 August 2019

Well were do i start hotel was fine clean but not a holiday hotel more for conferrences or one night stay passing through. Hotel is in the middle of a poor residentith area no were togo beach is filthy full of rubbish and filth people live in tents on the beach so scary you carnt go out at night it takes 3 buses each way to go any were decent which is expensive buses stop at 9 you take your own life in your hands trying to cross the roads motor bikes and small cars mount the pavements and beep you out of the way would not recommend to anyone paid to stay 8 nights went home afer 3 nights and thats only because we couldnt get a eailer flight worst holiday weve ever had

Date of stay: July 2019
Trip type: Travelled with friends

Dear Guest,

we are sorry that you did not get good feedback from the city and area. In reality however it passes that the structure was not of Your liking, but from what I read it is more a problem of expectations of the city.
We are ready to welcome you to make you live differently both the hotel and Palermo.

Reviewed 23 July 2019

I have just returned from a 4 night stay at this hotel in Palermo with my daughter and her step sister.
1. It is not near a beach, there is a cliff at the back of the garden which drops down to the sea.
2. The shuttle promised was only available on the first morning after which it was broken. As I am disabled this meant taxis each way to town ranging from 18-25 Euro each way.
3 Rooms were very basic and dated with inadequate air conditioning, my room was very hot with the aircon on full blast.
4. The balcony overlooked a dirty run down area, no chairs out there but would not have wanted to look out over a very busy road.
5. My sheet was not changed for our entire stay
6. sleeping was impossible as the bed was rock hard, 1 pillow was supplied, they did provide a 2nd when asked.
7. Breakfast was poor, no danish pastries, only boiled eggs, not much choice in fruit.
8. No one seemed to use the restaurant and when asked for a menu the staff said there were better places to eat locally.
9. The language barrier was a massive problem staff did not understand us, spoke in Italian about us and were generally rude.
10. The barman was particularly rude, unhelpful and had a face like thunder.
I loved Sicily but this hotel was awful, I was pleased to leave and would not return again or recommend to anyone. Ruined my Sicily experience and the shuttle unavailability made our stay here very expensive.

Date of stay: July 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 10 June 2019 via mobile

To much noise of the both sides,from the roadside to much noise from the cars , you hear everything ,the hotel have very bad sound insulation ,from the yard side too much moschitos and exempt the day because friday and weekends too much noise from the hotel parties,the breakfast is not remember big hotel ,
I go there for holidays and i can't sleep
I can't enjoy my holiday's i beleieve the hotel is wresp of my money.

Date of stay: June 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple