Lowest prices for your stay
Hotels.com
Get rewarded with One Key
ZenHotels.com
RM 741
Renato

Good position in Palermo

3.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 16 Mar 2022
Honestly, in my opinion, this is not a 4 star hotel. I was expecting more. The hotel is in a good position in Palermo. The front desk staff is friendly. I received a small room with a blackened curtain, and the window was blocked by the fire escape stairs. I asked for a room change, and it was finally changed. The room received (8th floor) was medium in size, clean, but with old furniture and has a terrace with a beautiful view. In the shower, the drain was clogged. I announced the reception, but they did nothing. I had to fix it myself. Breakfast was good, coffee and pastries are quality.
Date of stay: March 2022
Room Tip: request a room on the upper floors
3.0 of 5 bubblesRooms
5.0 of 5 bubblesLocation
3.0 of 5 bubblesService
Andrea Stancato, Proprietario at Mercure Palermo Centro, responded to this review
Responded 26 Apr 2022
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback.
We hope to welcome you back to our hotel very soon!

Direttore/Manager
    RM 356
0.7 km from Mercure Palermo Centro
View more hotels in Palermo
2,498 results
All reviews modern hotel huge balcony cannoli good size walking distance side street central location spacious room breakfast was excellent yogurt by foot teatro massimo old town city cheese barbara sights
Selected filters
Reviewed 15 November 2021 via mobile

Not a bad hotel in terms of rooms. We booked 2 rooms, one of the rooms does not smell very nice. The beds are comfortable, clean. Breakfast is quite modest, no vegetables at all. Nearby is a pretty cool restaurant Locale. Not far from the port. Parking is difficult to find, used the underground garage for 16 euros / day. Coffee at the hotel is very tasty :)

Date of stay: November 2021
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 30 August 2021 via mobile

Old and run down rooms. The room size was extremely small, except from the bathroom that was reasonably sized. I did not see the room as displayed in the hotel brochures. Smell of cigaret in the corridors. Unprofessional and Arrogant service even from the hotel manager. Cheap and nasty breakfast.

Date of stay: August 2021
Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank argyropa
Andrea Stancato, Owner at Mercure Palermo Centro, responded to this reviewResponded 1 September 2021

Dear Sir / Madame,
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Mercure Palermo Centro.
At Mercure Palermo Centro, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us. I'm sorry that you didn't talk to us about your room and I will appriciate if you would like to contact us becouse I don't remember having the pleasure of talking to you that's why I can't understand what the adjective arrogant refers to.

Direttore/Manager

Reviewed 31 December 2020

It was an exceptional experience staying at this hotel. The hotel is close to everything so its very convenient to visit all the places. The highlights were the staff of this hotel, they were very welcoming and fiendly. They always had smile on their face, nothing is too much for them when asked. They couldn't do enough for you. We had our flight cancelled at the last min and although it was fustrating and upsetting that we were stack there during christmas but the staff made us feel happy, we had to spend our christmas in the hotel and the staff provided us with christmas meal. All the staffs were deserves praises. Namely Martina, Valeria, Nadia and Barbara, they were exceptionally outstanding in their customer service. thank you again for your hospitality and we hope to see you again in the future.

Room tip: Family room is the best, pleanty of room
Date of stay: December 2020
1  Thank YZ545
Reviewed 6 November 2020

i would actually give Mercure a 5 star but there denial in providing me with iron is what has let me to give three stars.
it was really sad that they would not have an iron and iron board!
breakfast was 4 on 5
dinner was 3 on 5

also it’s sad that they provide preheated frozen food in there resturant .

so the bottom line is if you don’t need an iron for your clothes and you can find an alternative to there restaurant then it is a nice compact place .It’s a good hotel for 1-2 nights . But more than that i would suggest to avoid. Also may be due to covid regulations the AC was not working .
also the front desk is nice and responsive.

Date of stay: November 2020
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
2  Thank Departure770865
Andrea Stancato, Owner at Mercure Palermo Centro, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2020

Dear guest,

Thank you for your feedback received following your recent stay at Mercure Palermo Centro.

I was sorry to learn that your stay on this occasion fell short of your expectations concerning the dinner and I apologise for any discomfort or inconvenience caused by the absence of the iron and iron board.

Unfortunately, as my colleague explained you, for safety reasons we cannot provide any iron and iron board in the room, but we do provide an external laundry service for any need.

I would like to apologise furthermore for the dinner you experienced: the menu offers a wide range of fresh choices, I am sorry If you felt your dish was not fresh as It was supposed to be. I will talk to the F&B manager to make sure that the waiter will help any customer on this hard choice of the fresh dish.

We appreciate though your sharing your concerns, and it is our hope that you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the near future.

Sincerely

Reviewed 28 October 2020

We had a wonderful stay. Hotel was clean and comfortable and located close to all the major sites in Palermo. Staff serving breakfast were professional. In particular, we won’t forget Vincenza who went out of her way everyday to ensure that me and my daughter were looked after properly. We were really impressed with her kindness, friendly attitude and generosity. Thank you so much 😊

Date of stay: October 2020