Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Global Gipsy
Florida

Restaurant is Wonderful and has the best view of Palermo but Hotel is Old, Rundown and Noisy

3.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 10 Dec 2023
This small property is conveniently located near the train station, important attractions, dining options and shops nearby. This area comes alive at night with lively restaurants and bars and fun crowds that spill out in the street. The rooftop restaurant offers a wonderful view over Palermo and its port. The menu is wonderful for both breakfast and dinner and so is the service. For a very short stay (one night) and one person it’s OK. The rooms are tiny, old furnishings and dark. The bathroom is the size of a miniscule closet and shower barely large enough to fit a normal sized person. There is NO noise insulation. You literally hear everything that takes place in adjacent rooms and hallway so if you are a light sleeper this property is far from ideal. I will definitely come back to the hotel’s rooftop restaurant but I would not stay at this hotel again.
Date of stay: June 2023
Room Tip: Come for dinner or even breakfast at the rooftop restaurant but stay at another hotel!
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
  • Booking.com
0.4 km from Ambasciatori Hotel
View more hotels in Palermo
1,542 results
All reviews rooftop terrace via roma train station main sites the main street pastries elevator city sights bidet euro
Selected filters
Reviewed 27 November 2023

Pretty ordinary and the food in Seven restaurant was dreadful. Room is old and shabby, but the bed is large and comfy. Waste pipes in bathroom sink need cleaning as it stank of mound (we stopped them up with toilet paper). Bathroom is tiny though I've seen smaller in Paris and Rome, but reaching the loo for a larger man is a challenge. Booked a cab for the following morning and when we got down to reception no one knew anything about it. But the worst thing was the food in Seven. The drinks are fine and the view is fabulous. But the food... appalling. Being end of November and a Thursday it was aperitivi only, which was fine with us. Except the cheese sauce in the 'cheese fondue' was split and grainy. The char grilled bread for the sandwich was burnt black, and the blackest side had been put down so it didn't look too bad when it arrived. Then the battered cod balls were disgusting: fish was just mush which meant the batter was soggy on the inside, and the taste was odd. I ate half a one and could eat no more, and was, shall we say, 'mildly inconvenienced' next day. My husband ate the other three and was 'significantly inconvenienced' next day, which was not fun when we had a day of flying. He was not at all well. By far the worst meal we had in our 7 weeks travelling around Italy. The waiter didn't ask how the food was. The person who takes the $$ didn't ask how the food was. So I told her, but my Italian is pretty much non existent and her English wasn't great, so not sure how far that message got. So when we checked out I wrote it down and gave it to the receptionist! I wonder if that will go the same was as our taxi booking? So it gets 1 star for a comfy bed and the view. The rest... nah.

Room tip: Don't eat there. The breakfast was fine, but the food in Seven is terrible. Go for drinks and the view, which is superb esp at sunset.
Date of stay: November 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sara H
Reviewed 29 September 2023 via mobile

Caution; their air conditioners leak…into your room, and in my case, directly into my suitcase, soaking everything, everything. Accidents happen, especially on vacations, what separates a really good hotel from a shabby one is how they handle such situations. I was on the Rick Steve’s Tour, and we were leaving that morning. They told me that their dryer was not available and offered only an extra hair dryer, which was of no help at all. I told them I would need to have all the clothes that were soaked washed at the next hotel. They indicated that that was probably on me and not any of their concern. I felt as if my concerns were totally ignored. I subsequently learned that at least one other guest had a leaking air conditioner, and she slipped on the floor, but did not fully fall. I would stay here only with caution, because they do not stand by their accommodations.

Room tip: Do not place your suitcases underneath the air conditioners. Even though my clothes did not get wet the first night, they did the second nig
Date of stay: September 2023
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 August 2023

Very good experience ! Nice room and the rooftop was very enjoyable, thanks to the staff. Special thanks to Giorgia for her services, she contributed to make our breakfast experience notably pleasant !

The only issue would be one of the frontdesk staffer who was quite unpleasant...

Date of stay: July 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Ambasciatori Hotel, Altro at Ambasciatori Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2023

Dear Client, we are happy that you enjoyed your stay and our breakfast on our beautiful rooftop with Giorgia services. instead, it would help us to figure out what happened with one of our staff so that it doesn't happen in the future. In any case we apologize. Thank you for choosing us and for sharing your experience. We hope to see you again.

Reviewed 3 July 2023

We loved it here! The rooms are very simple but clean, spacious enough, the staff friendly and helpful. A very central location.

The rooftop bar for breakfast, dinner or drinks is fantastic for its views, tasty food or sunset cocktails. The coffee was fabulous and our friendly barista Georgia was the best!

If we return to Palermo we would be very happy to stay again.

Date of stay: July 2023
Trip type: Travelled with family
Ambasciatori Hotel, Altro at Ambasciatori Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2023

Dear Mr Walsh, we are really happy that you enjoyed your stay and our beautiful staff. Thank you for choosing us and for sharing your experience. We appreciate that. We hope to see you again.

Reviewed 10 June 2023

Great Hotel and Staff. We stayed 4 nights and it is easy walking to all the sights. Large room and bathroom. We have to highly recommend the restaurant for dinner.
The staff there are the best we have encountered in our travels and the meal was superb.

Date of stay: May 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Ambasciatori Hotel, Altro at Ambasciatori Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2023

Dear Customer, we are happy that you enjoyed your stay and our services and staff. We really appreciate your words. Thank you for choosing us and for sharing your experience. We hope to see you again soon.