Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Ana V
Eugene, Oregon

Excellent Hotel, Great Value

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 8 Apr 2024
This is an excellent hotel for your stay in Palermo. The rooms are extremely comfortable and the location is ideal. You will be close to all the sites. The hotel is family run and has great customer service. If you are a light sleeper request a room facing the back.
Date of stay: March 2024
  • Booking.com
0.9 km from Ambasciatori Hotel
View more hotels in Palermo
1,544 results
All reviews rooftop terrace via roma train station main sites the main street pastries elevator city sights bidet euro
Selected filters
Reviewed 22 February 2024

This hotel is nice and located in a central part of Palermo. The staff in the breakfast room were super friendly and helpful, especially Giorgia. She got me coffee with a smile and friendly conversation, and went the extra mile when I asked for a little additional coffee to take back to my room. The hotel room was comfortable and quiet, and looked down on a cute courtyard. The elevator was under maintenance when we stayed there, and walking up and down the stairs was tiring but also got us some needed exercise.

Date of stay: February 2024
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 January 2024

I think a lot of the reviews on here are unjust. We had a very noisy front facing room on the first night but we're kindly moved to a very quiet rear room for the remaining two nights.The staff are all kind and respectful. Food and drinks were excellent with superb service. The hotel location is excellent and wouldn't hesitate in rebooking if returning to Sicily.

Date of stay: January 2024
Reviewed 11 December 2023

This small property is conveniently located near the train station, important attractions, dining options and shops nearby. This area comes alive at night with lively restaurants and bars and fun crowds that spill out in the street. The rooftop restaurant offers a wonderful view over Palermo and its port. The menu is wonderful for both breakfast and dinner and so is the service. For a very short stay (one night) and one person it’s OK. The rooms are tiny, old furnishings and dark. The bathroom is the size of a miniscule closet and shower barely large enough to fit a normal sized person. There is NO noise insulation. You literally hear everything that takes place in adjacent rooms and hallway so if you are a light sleeper this property is far from ideal. I will definitely come back to the hotel’s rooftop restaurant but I would not stay at this hotel again.

Room tip: Come for dinner or even breakfast at the rooftop restaurant but stay at another hotel!
Date of stay: June 2023
1  Thank GlobalGipsyQueen
Reviewed 27 November 2023

Pretty ordinary and the food in Seven restaurant was dreadful. Room is old and shabby, but the bed is large and comfy. Waste pipes in bathroom sink need cleaning as it stank of mound (we stopped them up with toilet paper). Bathroom is tiny though I've seen smaller in Paris and Rome, but reaching the loo for a larger man is a challenge. Booked a cab for the following morning and when we got down to reception no one knew anything about it. But the worst thing was the food in Seven. The drinks are fine and the view is fabulous. But the food... appalling. Being end of November and a Thursday it was aperitivi only, which was fine with us. Except the cheese sauce in the 'cheese fondue' was split and grainy. The char grilled bread for the sandwich was burnt black, and the blackest side had been put down so it didn't look too bad when it arrived. Then the battered cod balls were disgusting: fish was just mush which meant the batter was soggy on the inside, and the taste was odd. I ate half a one and could eat no more, and was, shall we say, 'mildly inconvenienced' next day. My husband ate the other three and was 'significantly inconvenienced' next day, which was not fun when we had a day of flying. He was not at all well. By far the worst meal we had in our 7 weeks travelling around Italy. The waiter didn't ask how the food was. The person who takes the $$ didn't ask how the food was. So I told her, but my Italian is pretty much non existent and her English wasn't great, so not sure how far that message got. So when we checked out I wrote it down and gave it to the receptionist! I wonder if that will go the same was as our taxi booking? So it gets 1 star for a comfy bed and the view. The rest... nah.

Room tip: Don't eat there. The breakfast was fine, but the food in Seven is terrible. Go for drinks and the view, which is superb esp at sunset.
Date of stay: November 2023
1  Thank Sara H
Reviewed 29 September 2023 via mobile

Caution; their air conditioners leak…into your room, and in my case, directly into my suitcase, soaking everything, everything. Accidents happen, especially on vacations, what separates a really good hotel from a shabby one is how they handle such situations. I was on the Rick Steve’s Tour, and we were leaving that morning. They told me that their dryer was not available and offered only an extra hair dryer, which was of no help at all. I told them I would need to have all the clothes that were soaked washed at the next hotel. They indicated that that was probably on me and not any of their concern. I felt as if my concerns were totally ignored. I subsequently learned that at least one other guest had a leaking air conditioner, and she slipped on the floor, but did not fully fall. I would stay here only with caution, because they do not stand by their accommodations.

Room tip: Do not place your suitcases underneath the air conditioners. Even though my clothes did not get wet the first night, they did the second nig
Date of stay: September 2023