Jolly Aretusa Palace Hotel
US$342
PhotoGuest B&B(Syracuse)
Travelocity
  • Breakfast included
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 31 July 2015 via mobile

Stopped here on a cosmos tour, firstly, our airconditioning did not work, we complained and then the lady at the front desk offered a smaller room, however, this room you couldn't even open a suitcase in and the airconditioning did not work in that room either, she was very hesitant to give us another room as she said in Italian to our tour director-(she did not know I understood Italian) "the better room the air-conditioning isn't strong enough", then said to us that the airconditioning did not work because of the heat.. Hmm funny because it works fine in the lobby, hallways, and restaurant. We went up to the "better" room which was up to standard as they obviously give the crap rooms to tour groups, and she did not want to give away the "better" room. It was clear as crystal. Our meal was included with our tour at this hotel, the waiters were friendly and accommodating as can be, as usual the drinks were not included either. Would not stay here by choice as everything local shuts at 8pm, and it wasn't very central to any resturants also I'm sick of Italians only looking out for Italians, as I discovered in Sicily this is what it was like at every crappy hotel that was on the cosmos list.

Stayed: July 2015
Reviewed 20 July 2015

We were here with a cosmos tour and our dinner was fantastic, the room was good but the air conditioning and fridge didn't work properly, but the chaps serving our dinner, one in particular were lovely but the reception and bar staff were surly and rude. I would not recommend or stay here again, and that is rare for me. A smile costs nothing.

Room Tip: Sorry, can't help you there.
  • Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 July 2015

The hotel is situated near most of all interesting places in Syracuse and Close to the city centre.
Friendly staff, especially we would like to thank Marco for his hospitality.
The food in the restaurant was good.

Stayed: June 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 July 2015

I feel like this hotel was one of the nicer ones we stayed in while in Sicily. The room was big and very clean. The air conditioning worked well and the staff was friendly and accommodating. There was a supermarket near by as well as many shops and places to eat.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank CGin23
Reviewed 16 June 2015

I have been travelling for many years leaving revews everywhere and i have to say that This is the best staff I have ever seen. I haver felt so welcomed by someone than in this hotel.
I BIG thank you to carlo and the lovely lady in reception to make my holidays in sicily different and very special

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled solo