I Monasteri Golf Resort(Syracuse)
US$166
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Addauro Resort(Syracuse)
TripAdvisor
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 6 August 2017 via mobile

I don't normally write reviews but after our stay at Caol Ishka felt compelled to do so. In the first two days of our stay I took ill and ended up in hospital. The manager Giancarlo, his family and staff really looked after my wife Jill and even sent me food parcels. When I left the hospital and returned to the hotel I was greeted by every member of staff asking how I was. I don't think I've ever known such warmth and hospitality as we received at Caol Ishka. Not only that the food is excellent and as good as any of the great restaurants Giancarlo booked us into.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Will S
Reviewed 24 May 2017 via mobile

We had with my pregnant wife a small journey in sicilia and stayed one night to Caol ishka hotel. It was perfect! Only 10 rooms with a maximum of initimity. The two mens we met are really cool and all was made to make your stay the greatest possible. Nice swimming pool and good restaurant. Cocktail on the swimming pool after checkout, free canoë with a river on the park.....we ´ll probably come back later!
Richard.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 November 2016

What a beautiful quiet oasis awaits you in off the main road only 5 mins by from car from Syracuse. Ticks all the boxes for peaceful relaxation, wonderful staff, great service, fabulous food and excellent amenities with free mountain bikes, swimming pool & loungers, canoes on the adjacent river and private screened decking area off the bedroom. Eat twice at lunchtime and food was simply fabulous. Breakfasts are plentiful with lots of selection. Others have warned of mosquitoes - yes quite plentiful on the river if you take out the canoe! The quirky fit out of our bedroom was nice. However the loft bed up over the bathroom with access via a metal stairs could prove difficult if elderly or any way hard of walking as it is very steep and could prove awkward. Someone could get quite a surprise to arrive to it! Best to enquire on booking room layout. Great quiet roads to cycle around for miles in lovely Sicilian countryside from around the back of the hotel away from Syracuse. Would we go back? Most definitely!

Room Tip: Check out whether room has an internal staircase to get up to the bed or not.
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 October 2016

Positives - Lovely people who run this hotel, its very quiet, has spacious grounds, has a very good if limited restaurant, a very nice pool and is easy to reach the town if you have your own transport. The rooms are clean if a little weird, thats weird in a quirky way - they have all you need to be comfortable apart from a sprung bed. The beds are made of concrete (not like concrete literally concrete) with a 4" foam mattress on top so if you like your bed firm, you'll be fine. We managed to get a cheapish deal on the room.
Not so positives - The hotel is next to a river so take plenty of mosquito repellent I didn't and was eaten alive, even through my clothes! The beds are made of concrete, the decor is weird in a sort of modernist vision of the future as envisioned in the 60's. If you don't have transport its a long and unpleasant walk into town along a very busy road.

Sum up - Loved Syracuse, a very interesting town and a good location to explore the South East corner of Sicily. The hotel was clean and easy going and despite the "not so positives" we had a fabulous week. If I went to Syracuse again I'd stay in town.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Rob_732
Reviewed 8 September 2016

We have just returned from a 7 night stay at Caol Ishka. The hotel and its rooms are very stylish, comfortable and spotlessly clean. Our room was one of two upstairs room and had a balcony, would actually have preferred a downstairs room as they had a patio with seating that our balcony didn't. I think this was because we requested a sea view which was nice too. My only minor complaint about the room was that the towels were a bit worn and frayed around the edges but as I say, a minor detail. The pool was nice but would have been better if the pool cleaning machine was put away and the broken sun loungers put away instead of being left outside.
Breakfast was good and had plenty of choice every day.
The staff were all very friendly and could not do enough to help. We got great advice on places to visit in the surrounding area. I would say having a car would be preferable, its a great base for exploring the region of Syracuse and beyond. Its about 2 miles to the main centre of Ortigia and it would not be advisable to walk as its a very busy road with no pavement. It cost about 15 euro each way in a taxi. All in all we loved it here and would recommend it.

Room Tip: Pick a downstairs room for a nice patio.
Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple