“Fantastic Pizza Lunch”

Bistrot du monde
Ranked #80 of 276 Restaurants in Taormina
Price range: US$10 - US$60
Reviewed 13 August 2017 via mobile

After a 3 hour morning tour up Mt. Etna, we worked up quite an appetite. After dropping our car back at Villa Carlotta, we walked into town and after perusing several places we settled up this chic looking bistrot. The waiter and owner were immediately very friendly and the pizza and saled that we ordered were delicious and hit the spot! Great value for 30 euros!

There are newer reviews for Bistrot du monde

Reviewed 11 August 2017 via mobile

I found this place on tripadvisor, just a few reviews so I decided to try. Bad choise, I ordered a spaghetti with shirimp. The waiter brought me a spaghetti with cherry tomatoes and 12 micro shrimp still to be cleaned up on the top. I told this to the owner, he replied that they did so to show that the shrimp were fresh. In my opinion it was better to say that it was too boring to clean the micro shrimp. Resul? A mediocre pasta with tomatoes for 16 euros. First and last time.

Reviewed 28 July 2017 via mobile

On our last day in Taormina, we found this nice restaurant and had the most fantastic lunch. Delicious food and wine, in addition to lovely service. The best homemade Tiramisu! We highly recommend it!! Ciao from the Norwegian girls

A TripAdvisor Member
Finland
Reviewed 26 July 2017 via mobile

We stumbled upon this restaurant by chance, we arrived late in the evening but they managed to accomodate 6 people easily. The food is really good with big portion and good quality. The service really stands out. Highly recommended!

Reviewed 16 July 2017 via mobile

Down one of the typical side streets of Taormina. We had intended to go to the place next door, however they were fully booked. But we were happily welcomed over by the host/owner to Bistrot du monde.

He was very chatty and enthusiastic, in conversation he let us know that this was a new place and I thought it was visibly so, looking clean, modern and modestly decorated.

The waiter seemed a little nervous and made a few little slip ups during the evening but it was endearingly so, the host always made sure that everything was going well. I got the feeling that each meal and experience was very important to them, all members of staff continued to be attentive and pleasant throughout.

I had a very delicious and filling vegetarian pizza and my partner enjoyed the seabass spaghetti.

My only recommendation to them is a mirror in the toilets and perhaps some thin cushions on the metal chairs, my bottom got a bit sore after a while!

I wish this lovely little spot the best for their future in Taormina, it clearly means a lot.