“Taormina Bay View!”

Cuisines: International
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 26 June 2017 via mobile

The Terrace of Metropole Hotel is causy and the view of the Taormina Bay is good.
Service is friendly. Prices for drinks is High!
You pay for the comfortable stay

There are newer reviews for Metropole Taormina - Maison d'Hotes

Reviewed 24 June 2017

Simply insulting service and overpriced food. If there was not a view here, these people might go under. SO, nice views! But of course, those are everywhere in Taormina. Salad was ok, but very slow coming out and then forgot the silverware.

1  Thank Betty2245
Reviewed 13 June 2017 via mobile

Pretty sure it's the best view from Taormina if you want to have a high end aperitivo.
Definitely expensive for the area (the cocktail in my photo was 20euro) but it's still worthy for the breathtaking view.
Service ok, champagne cocktail very fine

Reviewed 1 May 2017 via mobile

I am writing this as a formal apology to the Hotel Metropole. It was hot the day before yesterday and the sun had clearly gotten to me. Just don’t know what I was thinking... Ridiculous utterly ridiculous – makes me shudder with the memory... I had to sit down and pen this apology. I mean how dare I think to come in for lunch with my family to enjoy your fine food, hospitality and breath taking views. I had no Rolex on. I had no expensive sun glasses. My T shirt was Volcom rather than Valentino. Clearly we could not afford to come and eat here yet we blundered in anyway. Thankfully your 'polite' staff quickly pointed out our mistake and luckily he did as to be fair this is a very smart and sophisticated establishment – got to keep the riff raff out don’t you know ;)

We know our place and can only say sorry for forgetting it – hopefully you will forgive us on this occasion.

100% we won't make the same mistake again - you can rest assured on the point.

7  Thank Treet T
Reviewed 15 April 2017 via mobile

We stayed here 6 nights.

Only meal we had was a late lunch on arrival. But we had pre dinner drinks on the terrace every night.

The food was good. But. Honestly. There's a lot of good food in Taormina. I had a mixed seafood grill that was impossible to fault. As was Claudia's Caprese.

The real unmissable experience though is sundowners on the terrace bar.
The views of the bay are stunning and you can see the museum building at the top of the cliff of the Greek Theatre too.

The canapés are awesome. So is the service and presentation. Gin and tonic never looked so good!

But the service views canapés and presentation are priced on. So you don't pop in for a cheap drink.

If you value those things as we do you will not find the price oppressive - if you think those things aren't worth paying for - you will.

I was actually charged €8 for a 200ml tonic!!!

But I still think it's worth it.

It's a special place with amazing views and a friendly attentive staff

Class.