US$181
Villa Marsili(Cortona)
US$123
US$92
Savings alert! 36% below average rates

The price you found is 36% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$143/night.

Villa Loggio(Cignano)
US$65
US$125
B&B.it
  • Breakfast included
Relais La Corte dei Papi(La Dogana)(Great Value!)
US$410
US$397
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 16 June 2014

This place is a complete lie
it is not a convent nor monastery, it is not run by nuns nor monks
there is no working wifi, there was none at any of the time I stayed
I was told the rain prevented its functioning the night I arrived ( I had been staying in Cortona in other places with the same weather without a wifi issue for 3 nights!!!!!)
the bathroom is not private but shared with the entire floor! what makes it private is that you can lock yourself into it.
when I told the lady who manages the place that selling wifi and private bathroom were lies she said " you can go but I am keeping your money"
outrageous!!!!!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank isabelle r
Casa B, Direttore at Casa Betania, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2014

We are very sorry for wath we read.
Our guest maybe forget that the weather was very bad and we were without phones too.
We called many times to Tim and Telcom that night but no way to make something.
We had a dinner with a very big group and we were very busy with them, sorry if we don't give our total attention to you.
How our guest can read on our site reception time close al 8 P:M.
After that time we are busy with others activites.
About the room you choose the bath is outdoor and the guest can close it from inside.

Reviewed 15 February 2014

Stayed here over New Year's for 5 nights. Every night around 9PM the heat was turned off until 7AM, with the exception of New Years Eve, when I think the owners were around. When we tried to communicate this to the staff, he just shrugged. The inn keeper does not speak any English. The room, stark as everyone has described. Could really use some little touches to make it more comfortable. This would include better lighting or at least lamps that can reach the bed. Some wall art. A rug or two. Our room had a large frosted window that opened onto the hall. Anytime anyone came rambling through he echoing halls and stairwell, they would turn on the lights which then shined into the room. This gets old at 2AM. The hotel needs to paint that window black or hang some curtains on it. The breakfast is basic and gets you off to a start. We opted out of it and bought a hot pot at the local store and got some instant coffee and pastries for about the same price. It was nice having hot coffee in our 50* room at 6AM. The doors have old skeleton keys which are hard to open. Finally got the hang of getting the sweet spot of our lock on the last day.

Now for the good. The bed was very nice, the room impeccably clean. The value unbeatable. Free parking. Great Location. Awesome view and convenient to Cortona. It was a great base to explore Tuscany. So for value, I have to say up my rating. This place is great for a quick base as long as you know what you are getting. It is a step above a hostel. Not a grand hotel. We knew that going into the deal and opted for a cheap hotel and spent our money on a rental car, petrol and eating out. For the young or anyone on a budget, it is a value. No question there.

This place has the potential of really being a gem, right now, it is a diamond in the rough. I think our main complaint was the heating which may be a problem in summer also since there is no AC. My wife would not let me buy a space heater when I got the hot pot. I would recommend spring and autumn may be better and this would not be an issue.

I see the rating has fallen since we booked, so other guest are speaking out. Thanks for giving us a clean, safe room and I hope you can take it to the next level and still offer value for our next trip to Tuscany.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Czexan
Reviewed 26 October 2013

This little convent is perfectly situated just outside the city's walls and down a couple blocks below the main square. I wanted to save a few Euros -- and did -- as my wife and I paid a mere 60 Euros for one night -- as inexpensive as a room can be in Italy. It was clean and safe but also cavernous and Spartan, giving it an institutional feel, which I knew in advance but really didn't like (you even get a skeleton key). The bathroom was larger than rooms at some hotels. The location is relatively easy to find and free parking makes the experience of arriving there so much better. The view of the plains below -- essentially the Tuscan/Umbria border -- from the grounds (but not our room) is fabulous and one of the trademarks of Cortona. The staff is nice, but English is limited. Although we skipped breakfast, the smell of freshly baked bread fills the halls in the morning. I expected to be pleased with the bargain but have to admit that the memory of the room leaves me a little cold. In retrospect, I wish I would have sprung for a nicer room -- perhaps with a view -- that would have underscored a very nice one-day visit to Cortona. Still, for the budget traveler, this remains a difficult deal to beat.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank CheyeC
Reviewed 24 April 2013

We drove for about 10 minutes before we could find this convent hotel -- go further down the hill from the town and there it was. But, if you want a "cool" experience (both literally and figuratively) stay here. Our room was cold but the extra wool blankets in the armoire were there to help. It was easy to see how the nuns once roamed this property. The bells in the corridors were just waiting to be rung for morning vespers. The communal breakfast tables were also cool. The best part was the large outdoor terrace overlooking the entire valley. We wrote postcards and sipped some wine (our own) while enjoying breathtaking scenery. The front office staff were a bit terse but efficient. The WiFi didn't work well at all, despite paying a price for it. One of the most quiet hotels -- beds also comfy. Would stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank MASL9
Reviewed 17 July 2012

Had to run away.
Totally non caring staff. the place is a hostel.it should be clear on their website.
too bad, the view is stunning and Cortona is a lovely place to stay.

Be back to Cortona ..not to Casa Betania of course.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends