“My PERFECT Villa Di Piazzano Wedding”
Review of Villa di Piazzano

Villa di Piazzano
Ranked #1 of 24 Hotels in Cortona
Reviewed 7 September 2011

I couldn’t wait to add my review to Trip Advisor because Trip Advisor is the main reason why I choose to get married at Villa Di Piazzano. Please trust the EXCELLENT reviews on this place. Everyone is right! This place is FABULOUS and the staff is wonderful and beyond gracious. Never have I ever seen an establishment go above and beyond to accommodate every guest and make sure everyone enjoys their stay. It’s crazy that anyone would have anything bad to say about Villa Di Piazzano. Alessandra, Lorella, Gabriella, and so many others made us feel right at home... AND the food… FANTASTICO!

We got married at the Villa on August 20th 2011. When we arrived it was literally like a fairy tail. The pictures are great, but you have to see it with your own eyes. Planning a wedding in Italy from Nashville TN was not easy, but Alessandra recommended the BEST vendors and everything was absolutely perfect.

We choose:
*Giuseppe and Diane from “Blessing from Italy”: Officiant

*Patrizia Pola “One & Only Weddings and Special Events”: Awesome wedding planner who helped us find an affordable and talented musician for our ceremony

*Pete Redel Photography: Destination Photographer (we hired in the states)

If you are looking for the perfect picturesque background in the most romantic country surrounded by the nicest people you’ll ever meet in life… this is the place you want to be. =)

Reviewed 3 September 2011

Villa di Piazzano was conveniently situated being only a 10 minute drive from Terontola-Cortona train station and only a short drive from the town of Cortona. The staff, including management, were very welcoming, friendly and hospitable. The Villa itself had been beautifully restored and the general antique theme through the common areas and the individual rooms complimented the peaceful and relaxing environment. The food served at the Villas's restaurant L' Antica Casina di Caccia was amazing and is a 'must try'. The pool and shaded seating areas provided the perfect relief from the Italain summer heat. This was the last stop on my trip and proved to be the perfect place to unwind and enjoy the peace and tranquility before heading back home to Australia.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank James T
Reviewed 29 August 2011

My husband and I returned to the villa in Aug 2011 for 10 dyas after a shorter stay in July 2010. It is a long journery to make from Australia and one that was undertaken because we were so impressed and enchated with the property and the location the first time - we needed more !

Some of the recent reviews prelplexed me a little? I can honeslty say that in my 2 years of dealings with hotel management/staff, especially Alessandra, they could not have been more helpful or accomadating to our requests. This was a joint holiday with friends (they stayed 2 weeks on our recommendation) they have 2 young children and not once did they feel that the children were not welcome, quite the contrary. Staff went out of their way to accomadate my friend and her 2 young children.

Our rooms were clean (and cleaned efficiently), comfortable and charming. The service and day trip/restaurant recommendations by reception staff very welcomed. The villa even assisted in getting our bags to Rome while we took a short trip outside of Italy, this was handled with no fuss and we were very grateful not to have to lug 2 suitcases around.

What some of the reviews don't mention, apart from petty considerations, is that the villa is perfect for exploring the Tuscan countryside. From the villa most excursions are only 1-2 (some a little longer but fine to do in a day) hours by car or train - the Chianti Region, Florence, Sienna, Montepulcino, Pienza, San Gimignano and many more, not to mention that little gem called Cortona which is 10 mins away and is a delightful walled town with fabulous restaurants, bars and even great shopping !

I have no hesitation in recommending this property to couples and families. It really is a very special place and it really feels like visiting and old friend, like being home ! My husband and I will return without a doubt. I miss the sunshine, fresh air and beautiful panaroma and kind hospitality already.

Alessandra and team thank you so very much for making out stay wonderful again. We will see you all again soon.

Sincerely
Linda & David

1  Thank tuscansunshine2011
Reviewed 26 August 2011

Our family soaked up an incredible Tuscan experience for two nights at the wonderful Villa di Piazzano. The setting was serene and the facilities extremely comfortable. The meals on the patio overlooking the pool, garden and countryside were amazing. Sunning and swimming at the pool was a treat, but the highlight was the cooking class with Gabriella. I have memories for a lifetime of my wife, teenage daughters and I laughing, cooking, and sipping wine with Gabriella as we prepared our lunch and then leisurely enjoyed the fruits of labor. Close enough to Cortona to spend an evening out, but isolated enough to enjoy the tranquil Tuscan environment.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Dacarlq
Reviewed 23 August 2011

From the minute we arrived we began to relax and even came back at the end of our trip round Tuscany and Umbria, because we liked it so much. The staff were delightful and the service attentive but discreet.
It is set in idllyic surrondings at the foot of wooded hillsides as the valley opens out towards Cortona, and is only 10 minutes drive from this enchanting Tuscan town.
Our rooms were lovely, on the second floor, they were comfortable, very clean and quiet, with a silent setting for the air con which allowed a for peaceful sleep.
We did not want to leave.