“A delightful find! ”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 22 September 2017 via mobile

My husband and I were wandering around Cortona and decided to stop for lunch at about 1:30 when we just happened upon this tiny, homey restaurant. Mario greeted us warmly and we sat down to a delicious meal. On Mario's recommendation we shared a wonderful soup filled with vegetables and lentils and served with garlic toast for sopping up the soup. We shared the soup and each had a pasta. My husband had a carbonara that was outstanding and I had the aglione (fresh tomatoes, hot peppers and lots of garlic) which was one of the best pastas I've had. Ever. We also enjoyed a half litre of the house red. Great value for great food and made even better by the warm hospitality of Mario.

1  Thank Donna C

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 2 April 2017 via mobile

Despite the owner being tired before his day off and having run out of many things, we had one of our best meals in Cortona here!

Reviewed 22 July 2016

My partner and I were in Cortona on a composing retreat with the Swedish Society for Composers and were lucky enough to be picked up on the side of the road by a very friendly local man who drove us up the steep incline to Cortona with our luggage. We asked him to recommend a restaurant and he kindly pulled up in front of Trattoria Etrusca and called for Mario who came out and said he could accommodate us, even though it was very late. My partner and I were so impressed with the meal we were served and it was a very good price considering the amount of food and wine. It was so good, we came back and ate there on our final night, practically the same meal. Thank you so much to Mario and his talented chef for feeding us! A real treat is the lamb with rosemary. Absolutely incredible! Best thing I've ever eaten! Grazie mille a Mario e la cuoca! Phillippa and Patrik.

1  Thank Phillippa M
Reviewed 11 April 2016

It's somewhat hard to find, and even harder to find open, but it is a treat to go there! It is tiny -- 4 tables inside, and a little more outside when it's warm. But the spaghetti Carbonara is PERFECT!!! It is all quite simple food, prepared in a tiny kitchen by Mario, the owner, but it is all perfect. When you can go and sit outside with a small group of people, it is the essence of Italy.

1  Thank DelArtist
Reviewed 18 January 2016

Small restaurant (fells very local). Mario - the owner simply cooks whatever he chooses that day. No menu but it doesn't matter because whatever you order will be great.

1  Thank joecool1980