“Real Chips”

Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: San Lorenzo
Reviewed 2 April 2018

You know how it is on your first night in a new city, you've been travelling all day and just want a meal. This place was about 100 yards from our hotel, and despite being almost empty, we decided to go in. We were glad we did as we had a lovely meal. We had crostini and bruschetta to start which were lovely and fresh tasting. I had Chicken Cacciatore, possibly the most tender chicken I have ever eaten with a lovely sauce. My wife had pork steak, a substantial dish. We were advised by other diners to order fried potatoes. These were chips and were divine, especially as it is years since I ate chips, these reminded me how a good chip is a delight. This was a reasonably priced place and I would not hesitate to recommend.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,612)

Reviewed 24 March 2018 via mobile

We went here on our air bnb host suggestion. It was only a 10 min walk and easy to find. We ordered starters (mixed ham platter and pork with chick peas - waitress suggestion), next time we would probably give starters a miss as they weren’t anything amazing. The main however!!! We ordered the set menu each which was a bottle of water, 500g of T-bone steak and a salad on the side €20. We asked if we could order a side of fried potatoes she stated we could have one of them and one salad to keep it cheaper. The steak was amazing!!! Cooked perfectly, it was massive!! House wine was €7 for 1/2l. Do not miss the tiramisu!!! Over all good experience, Sabrina the waitress is an absolute credit even if her English is limited, very patient and friendly!

Reviewed 5 November 2017

Had a beautiful meal here in Florence,It was a great find and offers great value for a lovely night out. There is also great choice on the menu
We would highly recommend the meatballs and the pork steak

Reviewed 25 October 2017 via mobile

Really good, reasonably priced Italian dishes. Beef, meatballs, stuffed cabbage leaves all superb. Excellent wine at sensible prices. Friendly staff.

Reviewed 23 October 2017

Highly recommended if you are looking for good food at a local place. My husband had the steak Florentine and I had the chicken cacciatore. Don't skip the tiramisu.