“Great value meal”

Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Neighbourhood: San Lorenzo
Reviewed 2 April 2018

We both ate from the 'menu' on offer, my wife had a mixed salad and spaghetti carbonara for 10 euro with water. I ordered from the menu toscana at 15 euro, with wine, and had Ribollita, a first for me, but it was wonderful. This was followed by fried chicken and vegetables, another lovely dish. This is an unassuming place that can easily be missed but ought to be sort out.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,185)

Reviewed 31 March 2018

Feeding a group of 22 is hard, especially if you'd like to offer variety, value for money and cater for different needs and tastes. On a limited budget, accompanied by celiac with a lactose intolerance, a vegan and a bunch of fussy eaters.

Trattoria Da Guido was a godsend for us, A traditional trattoria with a warm and friendly atmosphere, they were fantastic. Together, we consulted their menu and came up with a set menu that offered variety and catered for everyone, as well as introducing us to a couple of Tuscan classics. We negotiated a price that both thought was reasonable. They even provided candles for a birthday tiramisu for one of our group.

The food was tasty and plentiful and the variety on offer suited everyone.

Staff were great, with bread and water constantly flowing far beyond what was initially agreed. Everyone we dealt with was warm and friendly and we will definitely make this a regular on our annual visit to Florence.

Reviewed 19 March 2018

A small, family-friendly place with a decent menu like diversity. I tried a bistace, which was very correct cooked, with a splendid taste. Just as good were pasta with gorgonzola sauce and nuts. The wine of the house is very good. The services are 9.5. I strongly recommend.

Reviewed 17 March 2018

It was my first visit to Italy, and my friends and I were wandering around the centre of Florence, looking for good, Italian food. The Da Guido's entrance seems quite modest, however, what was visible through the windows was a beautiful little restaurant with a cosy and familiar atmosphere. Don't be fooled if it already looks jam-packed. Leading further back into the place there is more room, with an extra room, away from the crammed hustle. The staff was very friendly and cheerful and the food was exceptional. Being no connoisseur of traditional Italian food, I am not able to judge its authenticity, however, to me it seemed as Italian as you could get at the time, with the pici cacio e pepe as a starter ("Primi") and an ossobucco with beans as a main ("Secondi"). An altogether wonderful experience, and all for a very good price! Highly recommendable.

Reviewed 21 February 2018 via mobile

Tiny portion, not very tasty, one waiter was rude. The wine was good. It's not expensive but it's not worth the price.