“Underwelming”

Cuisines: Japanese
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Groups, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 29 July 2018 via mobile

Famous resto in Florence so I had high expectations.The place is far from everything, not easy to find parcking.The building from outside is very sad and not well-finished.Inside the upper floor is nice with Washitsu rooms.The lower floor is very dark and sad atmosphere.The food had good looking and regular flavour.Nothing special and nothing different from a high AYCE or other cheaper a la cart japanese restaurant.The waitress didn't speak italian and never smile.This didn't help the atmophere.The owner came once to check if all ok.Better not talk about the dessert.I choose a thing that actually was a crêpe with Nutella and rice.The rice was quite raw and the result was not good at all.My friend got pannacotta al tè verde.Worse than my crêpe with a disgusting flavour.I think they have to improve dessert chooices or erase them at all.The bill was very high, the double respect a regular japanese restaurant and I didn't feel like I ate the double better, not at all!! The only reason to consider this an excellent Japanese restaurant could be due to the low level of the other Florence restaurant, because actually for me it is very far from excellence.I won't come back.

Date of visit: June 2018

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

DON’T BE FOOLED BY POSITIVE REVIEWS, THEY ARE FAKE. READ THIS BEFORE THE VISIT.

The minimum star rating is 1 so it is getting 1 for the decorations and the Japanese theme with private dining rooms on the 1st floor which gives a sense of privacy and experience of a fake Japanese restaurant.

When it comes to the food. The portions are extremely small we ordered the combination of sushi and sashimi special consisting on 38 VERY SMALL pieces. I think the 38 pieces cannot even fill the stomach of my 8 years old boy. Please advise we are talking about 42€ which can be spent on a 3 courses meal on very luxurious Italian restaurant. We ordered lots of sushi, sashimi, and soup which could not fill our stomachs or at least we did not want to order more due to the portions and prices.

The service was initially very friendly and warm. The Italian waitress was welcoming us led us to our table on the 1st floor followed by the Italian host who help us ordering food. We ordered a lot of food usually standard we would be full, but the host kept asking us for ordered more which we did not understand. He kept introducing a lot more stuff and we ordered following his advice, but we would consider a doggy bag for all the leftovers. When the food arrived, the food was tiny little, not that it tastes bad, but it was like saving food or trying to make gourmet. If you are a BIG EATER DON’T GO HERE – unless you are WEALTHY OR LIKE OVERPRICED FOOD!!! When we finished the food, we asked for the bill then 3 waitresses kept asking us for more food, coffee, liquors etc. Even at the end the cashier asked us once more which was quite annoying.

Why this is a Chinese restaurant in disguise. Lots of Chinese work here except one Italian waitress and host, rest are Chinese – around 3 cooks, 3 waitresses, and 1 cashier(I would say she is the owner of wife of the owner) – they would not even let the two Italians receive payments. They are even playing Chinese music as background music.

Summary:
- Small portions
- Expensive
- Overselling themselves
- Expensive Chinese restaurant

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed 7 December 2016 via mobile

Sushi has been always fresh and presentation fantastic. It's been a few times a year place to go . A little on the pricy side ,but for that you get quality food.

Date of visit: December 2016
Reviewed 18 October 2016 via mobile

Few months before wasn't that good this restaurant. But this time something changed. The Sushi is very fresh and the taste...not bad at all. Before there was no sauces on the sushi and the feeling of the rice wasn't nice in the mouth, now I can say that everything changed a lot.
Those sushi are also very nice looking now.
The dishes are not expensive at all for the quality that they offers. So far I like so much this restaurt.

Date of visit: August 2016
Reviewed 10 July 2016 via mobile

Very good Sushi for Europe, attentive and always quick in satisfying the needs of the guests.
Pricing is medium high but still accessible.
The decoration was matching the atmosphere and the food, all well connected and balanced.
The restaurant is situated in a small city center market place. Calm in traffic and with a playground for kids.
Very multicultural and appropriate if you travel with kids and they need to kill energy after a long day of travel.

Date of visit: July 2016