“Great Food and great service”
Review of La Piazzetta

La Piazzetta
Ranked #994 of 2,953 Restaurants in Florence
Price range: US$17 - US$58
Cuisines: Barbecue, Steakhouse
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Ristorante tipico fiorentino, piatti della tradizione Toscana che seguono la stagionalità delle materie prime. Bistecca alla Fiorentina di Razza Chianina certificata IGP, cotta rigorosamete sul fuoco a legna, con suggestiva BRACERIA a vista. Salumi e formaggi artigianali Nostrali. Pizzeria con forno a legna con con prodotti di qualità certificata.
Reviewed 7 May 2017

Had large family meal. excellent service, resaonably priced and great food. Wide range of local produce I can recommend the local beer even though it is fairly expensive. Great night and great fun ordering as waitress had limited english. Got to try the local steak if not veggie.

Reviewed 15 April 2017

Our Air bnb hostess recommended this restaurant to us and we were blown away! We did not have a reservation but they were able to sit us later in the evening so we had a cocktail near by without hesitation! This is not in a touristy area and was filled with locals. We started with the appetizer sampler which was incredible! It had bruschetta, fried spaghetti, etc. I had an eggplant pizza which was the best pizza I had in Italy. The house wine was perfect. We had a sweet waitress and an overall amazing experience here. Highly recommend it!

Reviewed 11 April 2017 via mobile

This is a family favorite. La piazzetta has a large covered veranda outdoor space and an inside area. The service is good as is the service time between courses. I've been various times for Sunday lunch and found it a good idea to book, as it is a popular place in the Gavinana/Viale Europa area. It's a great family place as it's out from the hectic hustle and bustle of the city centre, yet it's only a short bus ride from the centre.. 10 minutes on the number 8 bus pretty much leaves you outside the restaurant..
I loved the huge Vegetarian board, it had just about everything I could wish for as far as a veggie feast is concerned. My son chose the more typical antipasto with crostini and cured hams.., and it was all delicious. We didn't have a first course but skipped to the main course, excellent options all around, even for the children. Options varied from Fiorentina steak to meat platters of all kinds to risotti or salads and more.. I loved my tiramisù for desser and my daughter licked the bowl from of the artisan ice cream and my son had a banana split, that made him smile from the first bite to the very end. Very good!

Reviewed 14 December 2016 via mobile

We were recommended this restaurant by our hotel over seven years ago and have been coming back on our annual visits ever since. It's more of a local family restaurant as opposed to a typical tourist spot like in the centre of Florence and being out of the city centre probably helps maintain this point of difference.
The pasta has always been well prepared and cooked al dente with the ravioli a popular choice for my family and the pappardelle in wild boar sauce my favourite this time. The pizza is also cooked perfectly in the forno with a nice crust and a crunchy base that is just right. The highlight though that keeps me coming back each year is the Grande Spiedo Misto or meat skewer that is my favourite dish by far. Watching it being roasted on the open fire, then being brought out to the table on a tall frame to hang the skewer from and then serve yourself each piece is always a memorable experience. The grilled beef, sausage and pork always tastes so good and will keep me coming back for many years to come.
Our waitress was also very good and was able to explain the dishes in English for our kids and the bill was very reasonable for a family of four. They also had free wifi which was a bonus for the kids so I would easily recommend La Piazzetta for some traditional local Florence cuisine.

Reviewed 14 November 2016

A lovely, high quality meal with excellent service. Thanks and commendation to the staff for their English!