FH Grand Hotel Mediterraneo
Orcagna Hotel(Florence)
Hotel River(Florence)
Hotel Jane(Florence)
2,234 results
All reviewsamerican barbusy hotellarge hotelarno riverrooms are smallsanta crocebuffet styleitalian hotelsdecent sizeclean hotelmin walkpastriestrafalgarattractionsdrawerswalkabletuscany
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

This beautifully situated hotel along the Arno River is a fantastic choice for people traveling with children who wish to stay within walking distance of the historic city center but out of the noise and chaos. The staff is super friendly and helpful. The room we stayed in with our 3 small children could have been more spacious and closer to the elevator. We were tucked away in the east wing of the hotel, in a room for a person with reduced mobility, given the bathroom set up (high toilet and no tub or shower base....making bath time for children difficult----followed by a wet bathroom floor situation----dangerous). Parking at the hotel is expensive....but equivalent to the parking meters located along the river. That said, breakfast was very good, the staff again very helpful and would offer to get you coffee and cappuccino while you got breakfast from the buffet tables. Overall good stay, fantastic location!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

We came to Florence for vacation and checked into this hotel for 4 nights. While when we arrived everything seemed fine, we were quickly disappointed. The shower and sink in the bathroom lost water pressure and then eventually stopped working entirely. The outlet in the bathroom didn’t work at all, and the blow dryer shut off after 10 seconds, making it impossible to use at all. I called to report the issues to the front desk but was dismissed. The man said he’d “call me back” but never did. I went down to the front desk to report the issues in person and was again dismissed. That man (a different one) has no idea what issue I was talking about, so he obviously wasn’t made aware of the problem I previously called to report. He told me he’d “call someone” and when I asked when we could expect someone to come to the room to try to fix things, he shrugged and said “I don’t know.” Then he turned away from me, and I took the hint to bugger off. It was incredibly rude. What makes this worse is that we’re supposed to be here on vacation and we can’t even take a shower to get ready to go explore the city we flew all the way from California to see. We’re only here a few days and it’s absolutely unacceptable for our room amenities not to work and to not be prioritized to fix. We haven’t even finished our stay, but the hotel sent me this satisfaction survey after the second day, so I’m filling them all out to try to get the hotel’s attention so maybe they’ll provide us with some decent quality service after all. I can’t believe how rude and disappointing staying in this hotel has turned out to be. I can’t recommend this hotel to anybody. At this point it’s been 2 hours since we reported the issue, 2 hours ofus just sitting in our room just wanting a shower so we can leave and go enjoy ourselves on our vacation, and there hasn’t even been so much as an update on whether they’re planning to fix our amenities or at least switch us to a different room. Seriously, don’t stay here.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Alyssa G
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Booked here as part of a tour package. I would NOT give it 3.5! The room we were given seemed more like a multi-purpose room than one for sleeping. The two twin beds were Murphy-type beds that dropped down. You feel like you are in a box. The frame projects outside the skirt which made for a very sore foot when I kicked it inadvertently! The layout is bi-level, with the beds upstairs and a 3rd bed/couch downstairs along with the bathroom. It was a challenge to get up at night, since there were no nightlights. The two tables looked like they were folding conference tables, not side tables. We were in the main building and when we asked about it, we got brushed-off. This room MIGHT work for a couple with a child, but that's the only good thing I have to say.

Room Tip: Be sure to see the room before booking/staying!
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Larry R
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

This is the second time I’ve stayed in this hotel. In 1993 it was a great hotel and in all these years it hasn’t changed. This hotel is beautiful and located in a great place. The staff is friendly and accommodating. Can’t say enough about this hotel. This is the place to stay when in Florence.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Customer C, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at FH Grand Hotel Mediterraneo, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Retchie,

I am so happy to hear you choose us again! Thank you for sharing your lovely review with Tripadvisor's community. I will pass on your kind words to all my team. Stay tuned!

Best regards,

Paola

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Love everything about this hotel. Great location. Breakfast is really good. Not much choice in evening meal. I ordered Pasta with Shrimps and they came with Nokki with Shrimps. But when they came to collect my plate and saw I didnt eat much from the plate they insisted I should have a pasta with Shrimps so I had that. It was really nice n tasty but I wasnt very hungry as I ate all those complimetary dry brucheta. Hotel itself is huge, very clean and very friendly staff. Its a definetly a 5 star plus. Everything is in walking distance.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Aruna,

thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us.
Please accept our apologies again for the incident occured during your evening meal and thank you for highlighting the positive aspects of your stay.

Thank you again for your review and we hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back again soon!

Best regards,