“A soap lover's paradise...”
Review of Biffoli Shop

Biffoli Shop
Ranked #56 of 358 Shopping in Florence
Reviewed 30 September 2015

I was introduced to the Biffoli Shop by a Fiesolean friend when I asked if she knew a place where I might get more of the Nesti Dante soap I'd found in the boutique at my favorite Hotel-cum-B & B in the Florence area (notice, I'm not giving any names because I want it to remain a well-kept secret).
She immediately thought of Biffoli, saying it looks like a tourist's trap, but isn't.

She was right... in spite of it's location... across from the Duomo, they somehow have managed to retain a family-run store authenticity.

Lovely, helpful saleswomen... perhaps wife and daughter of the owner? And an incredible selection of the most wonderful soaps and bath products... a real soap lover's paradise.

The prices are very reasonable and they are very generous with their free samples. Like one of your other commentators, this place is an annual pilgrimage for me. Love this shop.

2  Thank Fronza W

Reviewed 27 September 2015

Annual visit to get my supply of l,erbolaria products for my family and self. This year picked the wrong day as literally packed out with a tour party with major shopping lists! However the patron and staff were very gracious and apologised for the crush and the wait and offered me lots of lovely free samples. I love this shop!!

Reviewed 19 August 2015

I love Biffoli Shop. I could spend hours there, browsing and smelling the various different scents of soaps, shampoos, conditioners, hand creams, body creams, body oils, etc!!

My favorite shop in all of Italy (it is probably a tourist trap but I don't care).
Wonderful quality products that are a bargain for us U.S. shoppers! Products are unavailable or at least twice the price if you try to buy from Amazon!

1  Thank fhk202
Reviewed 4 December 2014

We popped into this quaint little shop after walking around the il Duomo. We weren't planning to do any shopping as we had ticket times to L'Accadamia and had to hurry back. The shop was amazing with beautiful scents, soaps, perfumes, etc. I happened to pick up a small vial of perfume that I thought at the time was 'lovely' but nothing extraordinary. As it is when your senses are bombarded with many all at once, I thought nice but nothing special. I was wrong. I love this perfume and I have had so many people ask me about it. Now I am almost out of it and
I need to know how I can order more. I have searched online to no avail.
Help me if you can. The perfume is called... Polvere DiSiena (by Erbario?)

5  Thank Sidney6765
See more reviews
Reviewed 24 November 2011

I popped into this lovely little shop while my husband and I were visiting the Duomo. It is stocked with all kinds of lovely perfumed bath and body products, many of which I had not seen before. The salespeople were friendly and let me browse without bother. I ended up going twice; the first time I just bought a lovely lemon hand creme by L'Erbolario (I love lemon-scented anything!). Then, during our sightseeing, we visited the Santa Maria Novella pharmacy, which I found so off-putting that I didn't buy anything there, and instead returned to Biffoli. There, I purchased a L'Erbolario rose perfume and a L'Amande neroli perfume. The prices were all very reasonable; it didn't seem like anything was especially expensive here, and the products seemed to be nice quality. Again the salespeople were lovely and also gave me a handful of sample creams, which I thought was very kind of them! Do watch out for hordes of tourists entering the shop, though...a group came in as I was finishing my purchases and we had to hightail it out of there as it was so crowded! It was pretty amusing, as the tour guide was acting as though this little shop was an actual sight, while the tourists oohed and aahed. In any case, every time I use my neroli perfume now, I remember our trip to Florence and this sweet little perfume shop.

6  Thank christiiiiine