All reviews bed and breakfast old building air conditioning franco duomo floor sites
Reviewed 25 September 2017 via mobile

The B&B is located literally 1 minute by foot from el Duomo but in a quite street next to restaurants, shops and main touristic sites (galleria uffici, old town, market square..)
The room was nice, clean and quite. Our room was the yellow one. The shower/bath is small but comfortable for a quick shower.
Breakast is served with care and personal attention : juice, some homemade pastries, coffee and some sausages.
The owner, Franco and his partner are very helpful and give good advise for local restaurants and stores.
I would come back again!!

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 July 2017

I picked this B&B because of the closeness to central Florence and even tho I knew there were several flights of stairs, I wanted to access the roof top. It did not disappoint. I felt I could reach out and touch the Duomo and on arrival, I was greeted by the wonderful Franco and Sawako. Nothing was too much trouble for them both and they made me feel very much at home in their home. Thank you both so much for making my first trip to Florence so enjoyable. I will be back :-)

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 6 June 2017

This rating is based on the facility being listed as a one star accommodation, so expectations are accordingly lowered. However, even a one star room that advertises air conditioning should have fully functioning air conditioning. There is no way to adjust the temp or the fan, it's basically on and off and you'd better like the setting because it's stuck. The shower is in the middle of a tiny bathroom, no enclosure, the drain is in the middle of the bathroom floor, there is a curtain you pull around you to keep from soaking the entire bathroom. I understand this was the way many rooms in these old building used to be, most have been modernized, this was the only one like this we experienced on our trip. Additionally, one morning I was running water in the sink and water/sewage started bubbling up from the shower drain in the middle of the floor...pretty nasty. I will say the location is excellent. This is definitely a one star facility, and a moderate one at that...it's cheap but not a value. We stayed in places that were not that much more but MUCH nicer.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 May 2017

My mother-in-law decided late in the game to come on the trip with us so we weren't able to get her in where we had booked. This was nearby and reasonably priced so we booked it for her.

Pros-
*Very friendly couple that own this B&B, very accommodating.
*Price was reasonable compared to other options locally available when we were booking late in the game.

Cons-
*THIRD FLOOR WALK UP WITH NO ELEVATOR! It wasn't fun walking up a staircase carrying a suitcase.
*Her room was a small outdated looking room with a twin bed. It was only about 10 euros cheaper than our massive modern suite with a queen bed. If I wasn't comparing one to the other I really couldn't complain but when you see them side by side it really could have been cheaper.

I really hate to say anything negative about this place because the owners were just that nice. But I did want to give an honest review and warn you about the lack of elevator. Wouldn't have been so bad if it was a floor or two but by the time I carried her bag from 0 to 3 I was cursing the lack of warning about the stairs.

Room Tip: 3rd floor walkup, no elevator so beware if you aren't capable of climbing stairs with suitcases.
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 15 September 2016 via mobile

A small B&B next to the Duomo. Very friendly staff. Small rooms, and yes, an interesting shower arrangement. I am used to staying at big hotels, this one was a great option. All in all I was very pleased with my stay and would stay again!

Stayed: September 2016, travelled on business