“Unique atmosphere and caring staff”
Review of Hotel Burchianti

Hotel Burchianti
Ranked #175 of 411 Hotels in Florence
Reviewed 7 May 2013

I am still in Florence - it was had to pick up the place to stay and I travel on relatively low budget normally trying to find a reasonably priced and pleasant hotel close to the venue of the event I am going to. Burchianti has an excellent central location, it is walking distance from S Maria Novella train station, on the other hand the surroundings seem quiet. My room does not have a great view from the windows - actually they are quite high - but the room itself has unique atmosphere. The building is old and the rooms are spacious with very high ceilings with original frescoes. The furniture is also historical. It is something I personally like - as a quick trip back into the past but with the amenities we are now used to.

Room Tip: Probably there are rooms with a view - but I have not checked that, although my windows faced a wall...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 24 April 2013

rooms, entering hall, and the corridor are very very pretty, Florence style, which is romantic-elegant-classic style. anyway- it was different from other places in Tuscany we stayed at.
They were playing Opera music during breakfast - this was very classic-elegant experience for us.. :).
the garage right next to the place, was very helpful because of the parking prohibitions on the streets.
we stayed there on March, so we could afford not to book it in advance, and we had also late check in discount. still the place wasn't empty, so in the season, it might be hard to get a place.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 April 2013

Florence was packed, so I had to stay somewhere new - a delightful hotel at a reasonable price in an historic palace. Excellent location in via del Giglio - peaceful, but only a step from the station and the church of San Lorenzo, and its market; around the corner from Palazzo Medici and just a few yards from the Duomo and Baptistery at the heart of Florence.
The owners were absolutely charming. They gave me a warm welcome and were available for any assistance, offering advice and the odd coffee. I felt at home, but with my privacy. My room was also perfect for me. Small, overlooking the internal courtyard, with a nice little shower room and a useful desk. Breakfast was fine, and better than is often offered in family-run hotels here.
The only issue was that getting the internet and texting was not reliable, so as I was here for work, it was frustrating at times when it I couldn't get a signal. Otherwise this was a wonderful place to stay and now my favourite in Florence.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 April 2013

Excellent location--very near train station, located on a quiet back street. You can walk to absolutely everything. The proprietors Mario and Sr. Rela make you feel like you are guests in their home. Mario speaks excellent english and will give you wonderful advice for restaurants and how to get the best deals on attractions and shopping. Unique property and history of the building. Fell asleep gazing at the frescoes and felt transported back to another time, just delightful. Only advice to hotel would be to upgrade the mattresses, otherwise, it is perfect.

Room Tip: We had a large room with a double bed plus two singles/daybeds. Extremely high ceilings with origin...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank BagPackedWillTravel
Reviewed 15 March 2013

I booked this little hotel for the frescoes and was not disappointed! We arrived by train and it was very close to the station on a little side street. Thanks to other reviews I knew to just look for the address and buzzer to be let in. The owner was courtly and helpful and our room for 3 of us was huge with 20 feet ceilings and the promised frescoes. Despite the age of the building our bathroom was large and modern and the tub was welcoming after our climb to the Piazzale Michaelangelo. More of a B & B than hotel, the European style breakfast was served in the reception/sitting area with the owner and his son (who looks like a young Dylan McDermott) manning the Cappuccino machine. We enjoyed our 3 night stay here very much!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family